My Angel

My Angel

A Story by Slurred Confusion

          I wanted to fall in love, so badly that I was willing to pay whatever it cost to have it. Life heard this plea of mine and sent an angel. I asked life how much did I owe him? Life laughed at me and told me I cannot pay with money, silver or gold. I did not understand. Life told me not to worry about payment right now, because it will come later. Life told me to enjoy falling in love with my angel and live life only for my angel. With that, Life and I had an accord.
         At first, I would wait for Life to come any day to ask for payment, but I soon forgot about the deal I made with Life. Blindly, I fell down the spiral steps of love. I fell steep and I fell hard. This angel became the air I breathed,  my world, my life... my everything. I didn't care about anything else; I put aside God, family, friends, and even myself for my angel. I would do anything to keep my angel happy, because my angel made me so happy. This angel was everything I wanted in someone to fall in love with. Days turned into months very quickly; so many plans, hopes, dreams, connections and love made with my angel. My angel mesmerized me with his beauty, charm, and touch. He created this world for me of perfection, bliss, happiness, and love. 
         A day came when my angel asked me to completely vow myself to him, being so in-cased in the wonderful world he had given me, I willingly vowed to give myself to my angel... without hesitation.  He sealed this vow with a kiss on my left hand and smiled in a way I never seen before, in a way of being deviant. I didn't care, this was my angel forever and I was his. One unexpected day, Life entered my world and came knocking at my door. Life told me it was time to pay, and I asked with what?  He told me payment can not be made with silver or gold, but with something of value. I did not understand. Life laughed at me for the second time and said what was given to me will collect what is due. With that life walked away.
         As I looked at life walking away, I felt a pain I never felt before. Blood, blood, blood everywhere; I couldn't see where it was coming from. I searched and looked for the source. A cold feeling of emptiness, and loneliness took over my body. I saw the falling pieces to my perfect world as snowflakes falling towards a cold winter ground. Then I remembered my angel, my love, my everything, he will come... he will come and save our world and me. I tried to call out for him; silence. Where was my angel? The beating of my heart was no longer felt or heard in my body. Where did it go?
        I then felt a presence I have never experienced, this presence was evil & dark. This feeling of hopelessness crept over me as mist moves over water. I turned around and there he was... my angel. What was once bright, loving, and charming became dark, hateful and diabolical. The angel who was once my angel became a demon and his once hidden horns stood out as tree branches reaching for the warmth of the sun. He loving eyes, became shadow black; his smile how over was the same as the day I made my vow. As I continued to look, I noticed movement in his closed bloody hand. I looked harder, passed my tears and passed my blood, there in his hands laid my still beating heart.
        Naive removed her hands from my eyes; she had always been there keeping me from seeing the truth. She leaves my side and walks over to my angel; he kisses her as death kisses his victims. I fell to my knees, as I watched my angel walk away with my naive by his side. They catch up with Life, and my angel gives Life my still beating heart. The three continue on until all that was left was three figures in the horizon. I was left all alone and broken; chained in a shattered world of created illusions that I had vowed to keep. What a price to pay to fall in love.- The Numb Soul

© 2014 Slurred Confusion


Author's Note

Slurred Confusion
Ignore the grammatical errors. Please give honest opinions about what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The weak fall in love. The strong create love whenever they want ....................

Posted 9 Years Ago


You started very well the first three lines were amazing like as a reader was lost and then life offering you fall in love with your angel....I will give you 100/100 as I enjoyed the experiment of your write:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on April 14, 2014

Author

Slurred Confusion
Slurred Confusion

NY



About
I am new to the concept of submitting my writings for the world to see, but it is something I want to experience. I have been writing for years, however, my writings were for my own personal gain. I u.. more..

Writing