Little Beaches

Little Beaches

A Story by Lauren Burch
"

Spurred by a conversation in my dual credit history course no research was done opinions are purely mine, and my own

"

 

   These people hurt me with their stupidity. They have facts thrown in their faces and what do they do? They throw it all away. Every fact, every ounce of logic. They melt their brains and use what brain cells they have left to count money to pay for their drugs. Then they diminish the rest of those brain cells and don't realize that theyre being ripped off like the rest of the world, even if not legally, until someone actually takes the time in this selfish world to listen and see and shove the little "pothead/heroine addict/whatever anyone else is addicted to" in rehab. It's almost as if they idolize the life of Lindsay Lohan, except not every magazine or tabloid is snapping pictures and slapping them in the faces of innocent souls.

   You know what I think is funny? People talk about alcohol here all the time. Everyone knows all the basics of alcohol, but peple here pride themselves in drinking mixes of... stuff I've never heard of before. Bottles of foreign-named substances that sound entirely too scary for people to be dumping down their esophogi. It's all they talk about, and I'm pretty sure it's all they think about. And here I am writing about them and theyre probably too drunk or high to even notice. I wouldn't drink to that.

  These people also talk about fat people and fatness and how it's like a disease. Well, I hate to break it to them, but so is anorexia and their skinny selves won't make it to my book o' healthy. But then I have to chuckle. Two certain people sitting in this room are degrading themselves when they talk about the 'fat race'. And I'm not talking about overweight people dragging themselves to the finish line.

   No wonder the English slash Brits call us prudes. It's all because of people like them, with their own customized diets and specially prayed apples, their obviously non-medicinal potm their jeweled toilets specially made for those nightly purges. Why can't they be like the rest of the world and embrace both curves and carbs? Eat your rice and look like it too! Besides, to fit in with this group, you have to be a white snobby prat who can afford ten bags of Hollister jeans and American Eagle tops. You have to drink the booze your parents originally bought for their anniversary. You have to know the nearest drug dealer and who sells the cheapest. You have to be one of them. If you're black, sober, naturally happy but poor, curvy, and independent, you're doomed. Go to Europe. They might love you there unless you encounter a Nazi. And I'd still prefer the Nazis to these weirdos. Leave the Americans to their moral holocaust.

© 2008 Lauren Burch


Author's Note

Lauren Burch
'English slash Brits' - the / is spelt out for emphasis :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

as soon as i found your work i've loved it...though it seems to me that you've been gone quite awhile...
i am one of the shadowkissed and know what it is to want to die, to believe that there is nothing left in the world for you to cherish and pride yourself and efforts on. it is a difficult life, but one of immense hardships that when you've been touched you then have the power to change the world


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2008

Author

Lauren Burch
Lauren Burch

Aubrey, TX



About
writing is a passion. must i say more? I LOVE: photography (each original photograph with each of my writings are my own.) modeling ( i love being a sculpture, even if I don't look like one. I am G.. more..

Writing
Marissa Marissa

A Story by Lauren Burch