Broken

Broken

A Poem by Serendipity
"

I am simply mending the broken heart that he left behind.

"

Broken

 

He walked out on her one day, without saying anything, without a goodbye.

 

I hold her every night, but then … she sits outside every morning and cries.

 

She’s inconsolable, when she cries … and where each tear lands a flower grows.

 

She comes inside, she is heartbroken … the neighbors think I beat her.

 

If they only knew, I am simply mending the broken heart that he left behind.

 

September 24, 2007

 

© 2008 Serendipity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is such a great response to the challenge of this contest. Your words added just the right amount of information to make it a nice spin on the words given - excellent! Also this is a sweet and real scenario. It is so sad when we are involved with someone who is having trouble leaving another love behind - I know and love this kind of sad man....

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If I like something, I ususally read it again and again.

I like this one but it made me so sad that I don't think I'd want to go through it again.

Thats how powerful these five lines were.

Brilliantly done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh, that is so sad... and brilliantly done! You nailed that contest. I have been so busy I haven't looked at the results, but you really did the phrase justice. I really like the way you formatted it... kinda gave it character. Awesome!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Serendipity
Serendipity

Sunny, CA



About
What we do...A Poem by Erotic Goddess ** i am just a girl who LOVES to WRITE ** ** ** Love Starts with a Smile, Grows with a Kiss, & Ends with a Tear. ** .. more..

Writing