Quietness

Quietness

A Poem by Raina
"

Demons

"

Quietness

Quiet, we equate quietness with peace, tranquility a time of relaxation. That couldn't be the opposite for people like me. Quiet is deafening! Silence is so loud with the hurricane of demons that reside in my head. They scream and crawl to the surface in times of silence. You will never find me without headphones in or some sort of noise during these times. Trying to drown out the noise that they create. All those scary thoughts that we try and push down come to light in times of stillness. We pray for the day that we can take off our headphones and take a deep breath. To breath in the complete tranquility of nothingness to silence those demons and be at peace.

© 2018 Raina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! I can relate as though seeing this through a horror movie. Must have the headphones, must have the artificial noise or the music to keep the demons away. You said it all in a few lines. Nice write.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2018
Last Updated on February 9, 2018
Tags: sad, poetry, escaping reality, art, personal

Author

Raina
Raina

About
I am 20 years old, I love Poetry , Philosophy , Reading , Music and writing. I am a lost star wandering the earth in search of a home. I feel things to deeply and see the world in a different light. more..

Writing
Sad Grils Sad Grils

A Poem by Raina