After His Heart

After His Heart

A Story by mango
"

This is a message of God's love.

"

There was once a man name David who was a man whom God called a man after His own heart.  Why did God use this term as he described this man, after all he was a man who took a man's wife and laid with her while he was serving in his army, during war.   He ordered the man back home so that the man could lay with his wife to cover up a pregnancy caused by him.  The man was of such a noble source that he refused to lay with his own wife while his other comrades were at war.   Later David sent the man to the front lines where he was sure that the man would be killed, and he was killed.  How could God call such a man, a man after His own heart?  I mean I know that everyone fails from time to time.  I have myself and God did pick me up out of my misery and shame, forgave me, cleaned me up and got me going again.  I didn't deserve it and still don't understand why He did it except he made a commitment towards me when I received Jesus Christ as my savior and Lord.  He loved me unconditionally.  That love did not fail but restored me.   Why would He love you and even David unconditionally?   I'll tell you why, because He is love.  David did try to hide His sin, but was found out by a prophet of the Lord.  When He was discovered He repented.  Some of you probably think His repentance was not genuine, because His repentance came after being discovered.  God doesn't see things the way we see things.  We might look on David’s face and see no expression of remorse, no crying but that is not what God look at.  Did you know that a person could discuss their true feelings through tears and word?  I know a lot of people cry and say words of repentance but their actions showed no remorse.  We cannot judge people by what they say and the tears that flow from their heart.  God doesn't listen to what we say and expression with our feeling as much as He looks on our hearts.  David's heart was right and He had truly repented.  God saw His heart and said "this is a man after my own heart."  When your heart is right with God, He see it and known it.  When it is not, He sees it and knows it.  One scripture says, "If our heart condemn us God is greater than our heart and knows all things but if our heart condemns us then we have confidence with God."

© 2009 mango


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice piece mango. I agree with you 100%. Was very encouraging to read and have God's love affirmed once again, not by our abilities or methods, but by his grace.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on September 15, 2009

Author

mango
mango

Burlington, NC



About
I am a native of Tocoma Washington. I love God and His son Jesus Christ. I am married to a lovely woman who is my friend, lover and inspiration. There is a lot to be said, that needs to be said. I.. more..