She Didn't Want a Boyfriend

She Didn't Want a Boyfriend

A Story by Luis Alonso Zelaya




      She woke up in the middle of the night and had something in her hand. She wasn't surprised, as she often fell asleep with random items in her hand. She was intrigued because she found herself naked in her bed holding a pair of glasses which obviously did not belong to her. She had not wore glasses since her junior year of high school. She turned and saw a naked person snoring loudly next to her. She wasn't sure if the snoring awoke her or because she was cold. It all too quickly came back to her.
They had met a few months ago while she was still dating Matthew, she didn't think it would be a great deal to give him her phone number and just talk to him every once in a while. She knew he didn't mind she had a boyfriend because he jumped at the oportunity to get her number. She told him about Matthew, she said she had a boyfriend, and he said he didn't mind.
They talked here and there, but nothing serious. Just the regular "hey, how you been?" type of conversation they both knew would not get them anywhere.

   Matthew and her broke up back in October, she found his number and decided to call him by the end of December. They met after the holidays for a drink. She didn't know what to think of him at first, he was mildly odd, yet interesting. Not really her type, or anyone's type for that matter, and that's what she liked about him. Her neutrality to him one way or another. After that first date, she had a hard time deciding whether or not to see him again, but he sent her a postcard, and she liked receiving postcards, and they went out again.
The next few dates weren't all that bad, she thought. Although, she was enjoying her time with him, she knew it wasn't going anywhere. Most women know if they'll sleep with a man or not seconds after they've met them. She always knew how long each of her relationships would last. She gave Matthew eleven months. At the end of that tenth month, she bid him adieu.

    The snorer laid next to her. He had most of the blanket to himself and all three pillows, she realized his glasses were still in her hand then put them in the night stand. The clock read four thirteen in the morning. She poked him as to wake him up, or at least shut the snoring up a bit. It didn't work. She went to the bathroom naked. She never got to walk around her house naked, since her roommates were always hanging around. Since they'd left earlier that night, she invited him over and walked around naked. She felt she'd earned her right to do that.
She washed her face and walked into her room. The snorer was awake and asked her to get back to bed with him. She did and grabbed the blanket to cover up. He started kissing her and caresing her. She was tired and had a busy day coming up. He kissed her and caressed her. She layed there not really doing anything. He told her many things as he kissed her to which she didn't know how to respond. Then the snorer told her, "I'm crazy about you...I think I have a crush on you." She was surprised, taken aback. "I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I'm not looking for a relationship. I told you I didn't want a boyfriend."
"No worries...that's just pillow talt. Let me hold you and we'll just go to sleep." The snorer responded.
"I don't really sleep comfortable like that, besides I've got to get up early for work." She said as she put on her robe. After he took his time getting dressed, they walked to the door together. The snorer kissed her.
"Thanks for hanging out." She said and closed the door behind him.
 

© 2009 Luis Alonso Zelaya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on March 25, 2009
Last Updated on March 25, 2009

Author

Luis Alonso Zelaya
Luis Alonso Zelaya

Houston, TX



About
a radioactive spider bit me when i was in high school. i write with the same pen all the time; the uniball "signo" gell grip 0.7. when i like something, i get indubitably excited about it. or so i'm.. more..

Writing