Cure

Cure

A Story by Maria Prikhodko
"

She found her cure...

"
Light…

Brightness..

She opened her eyes. Who dared to wake her up so early?! Silence… Sharp silence resonating of the sky blue walls…

It was too bright in the room… and too… crowded.

Someone was there. Someone inevitable, invisible and so dear…

Footsteps broke the beautiful moment of victory. She sniffed- young lady.. Brought her some food. New one. Too light. Knows all the “facts” about her.

Door cricks with annoyance but opens up. Plate is thrown inside. Door swings closing.

She looked at herself in the mirror… White lifeless hair, pale face, dull green eyes, which used to be emerald green not long ago.… Every sign of a terminal disease…. No cure, no running away… 18 years old.

She knew that only one person could’ve change it. Change her perception of life… of what is left of her life. She smiled ironically to the reflection of herself. Soon it will be gone. All gone.

Heavy footsteps, very heavy, emphasizing each step, followed towards her. Someone touched her.. Shoulder, waist, hands, lips… He embraced her in a tight hug, as of telling that there’s no way going back…. She felt a hot breath on her neck, then the tender brush of his lips… His hand wraps around her waist pulling her closer to his pine scented body… He smelled of autumn breeze that carefully caresses your skin; of sunrise when the air vibrates with the rhythmic pounding; of the waves and a salty wind that steals your breath away; of frigid breeze that carries the delicate perfume into the polluted city air; of long lost memories that arise from the ashes; of love, hate, despair, ignorance, comfort and beauty.

He held her with cold caress. A face she was taught to despise, hate, and fear brought her comfort. She didn't fear him. She feared not knowing, what he might do and where he might take her. He causes no pain, beyond what life provides. He is not greedy, he is not rude, or rough. He merely carries her burning soul to a cool rest, where she lay benumbed of the greed, rudeness, and hatred of the living world.

Smile of victory and comfort froze on her tired face.

She found what she was searching for.

Brightness…

It was too bright... And too empty in the room.

© 2016 Maria Prikhodko


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016
Tags: #tragedy, #sad, #loss, #death, #terminal disease

Author

Maria Prikhodko
Maria Prikhodko

Brisbane , Australia



About
Someone who is exploring the art of writing. more..

Writing