Sunsets

Sunsets

A Poem by MCH
"

A young woman watches the sun's farewell

"
Bursts of fiery orange and crimson red painted the sky, complimenting the pale yellow sun as it ventured down the horizon. I studied it closely as I knew it was my last, refusing to blink in case the slightest bit of detail passed me by. The evening was cold, a breeze grazing my skin. The sun was gone, darkness enveloped everything I could see, the vibrant colours replaced with darkness and cold. A sigh left my shaking lips, rubbing my upper arms to bring a smidge of heat to them. If only it lasted longer. If only I could've seen more of its colours of Autumn across the sky, seen more of the sun and everything it gives to us to live, it's beauty, it's mysteries. I felt the cool metal of the gun against my temple and that's when I realised. The end. This was my sunset as I was never to rise again to greet the world with my own breezes, my own clouds, my sun or rain. There would be no moon or stars. I took a deep breath and flexed my finger before resting it on the trigger. I gazed at the full moon above me, she was hugged by twinkling silver stars and kissed by the galaxies unknown. I whispered a farewell to the sun. No more tears now, I said no tears. A sniffle then I pulled the trigger, crimson everywhere.   

© 2017 MCH


Author's Note

MCH
it is about suicide in case you wanted to read it

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on May 29, 2017
Last Updated on May 29, 2017
Tags: poem, sad, firstpost, hopeitsokay

Author

MCH
MCH

Ireland



About
I love to write short stories. more..

Writing
The Big City The Big City

A Story by MCH