No names

No names

A Screenplay by Marina

An international airport, 7 o'clock in the afternoon

A young man, around 25 years old heads to the airport exit in a hurry because he wants to catch a cab. Finally he manages through the crowd and takes a taxi. He leaves the airport.

The next image is with him in the cab looking out of the window, as if he had been gone for a long time. He watches the people , the cars, the streets, the blocks and the impression is that he does not feel comfortable there.

The young man has a strange sad look in his eyes and at a certain moment he looks on his arms where there used to be the stings from the drugs. He is a former drug addict. 

The taxi arrives in his neighborhood.

Christian

You can leave me here, thank you!

Christian, the young man, goes off the taxi because he wants to walk a little till his apartment. He seams to know every corner, every block and every time he looks around is like his eyes are hurt.

He takes through a park nearby his flat. It was Autumn so the leaves from the trees were falling down and the landscape was full of brown , reddish, yellow colors.

Christian is caught by his memories and he passes by a young girl that paints portraits and landscapes, but he does not see her. The camera catches them both because at a certain moment they will meet again.

He finally arrives at his block of flats, as he goes on the stairs he is phoned by his father.

CHRISTIAN

Yes, dad! Yes, I've arrived an hour ago. Everything seams so....different...I don't know ...I think I will stay to rest and walk a little to get used with this country again. You know...I have an idea.. What do you think about selling this apartment and buying a new one?...Why?? It's obvious , don't you think? This part of the city is too full of memories...No, it's no need to come here .There's no point to worry.. I said it like this...if you don't want to sell it it's ok. .I got to hang up! Bye!

The boy wants to unlock the door , but surprisingly he sees the door opened. He enters the flat and sees a bunch of his old friends drinking and partying. Christian is almost shocked. He is almost not seen by the others. He goes to turn off the music. Just then the other ones notice his presence.

Friend 1

Surprise !!!! Welcome back brother!!!

(he embraces Christian)

The other ones come and embrace and kiss Christian. The boy is not delighted. 

CHRISTIAN

Can you tell me what is going on here ??

Friend 2

We found out about you, that you are coming back and we decided to celebrate it , and to make you a surprise , of course!

CHRISTIAN

You should have announced first!

FRIEND 3

Hey, why are you so sullen? The abroad changed you as far as I see...

CHRISTIAN

Well, Morris, I wasn't in vacation, you know!

FRIEND 3

Come on, it's not the case for dramatize. You were lucky and intelligent. Peter died one year ago. He was so stupid. I told him not to take heroine with alcohol, but he didn't listen.

Meanwhile Christian sat down on an armchair. 

CHRISTIAN

Maybe he couldn't ! And how can you talk like this ..he was our friend ...I could have been in his place.

FRIEND 3

Well, my friend ...I don't care about him...he was stupid and besides, at his death his parents told the police I was giving him drugs . I had many problems so I don't want to talk about it.

CHRISTIAN

(grabbing his friend nervously)

Listen , jerk! Why are you complaining? We all know you provided him drugs and his parents had the right to kill you not to denounce you at the police!

FRIEND 4

Hey, come one! Christian, we all come here because we missed you!

Christian only then realized it was a girl the one that talked to him , his ex-girlfriend.

She took him in another room.

Corrine

I really missed you, honey!

(she wants to kiss him , but he rejects her)

CHRISTIAN

How dare you? Maybe I can understand Morris, he is an idiot...but you??? What are you doing here and try to kiss me ?Are you nuts??

The girl moves away a little .

CORRINE

I knew you will receive me like this ..but ...you cannot reject me ...I know you are hurt but you have to move on.

CHRISTIAN

No, I think I am going to get crazy...You know...What's happening here?? When I got off the plane I felt in the air something strange, but I didn't expect to find you here.

CORRINE

But we are your friends...I was your girlfriend!

CHRISTIAN

Oh, my God! Listen to you Corrine! To you and all your stupid friends from the other room! We are not friends...We were once members of the same cursed group , that's all. Many of you could have pushed me to death. We were tide by one thing: drugs. And you were not my girlfriend. I don't think you know the meaning of this word ..I don't say I know it ...but...

CORRINE

Come one, Morris is right! You are different. Drugs are for fun, they  are for people like us, who have everything and want more to enjoy life. We both know that we are not addicted. And you were not too. It was just a caprice of your parents to send you to that clinic in Switzerland.

CHRISTIAN

(nervously laughing)

I am so glad I didn't fall in love with you then..it would have been a great disappointment...or I suppose I would have been  as indifferent as I am now.

In the room enters another friend.

FRIEND 4

Look, Christian, you are not thrilled by us ,  but they are already drunk. Let's go to a disco, they will leave if you come with us only for an hour .

CHRISTIAN

God! I don't want to go to the disco, I just want to be alone.

FRIEND 4

It's the only way to get away of them , of us.

CHRISTIAN

I don't want you  to say I am haughty, but you are wrong, and I cannot agree with you anymore. You have no idea what I have been put trough.

FRIEND 4

Maybe you are right. I can see you are changed, but you don't seam to fit here very much, you need help.

CHRISTIAN

I don't need help from you!

A club from the town

All the group is in a club, they dance and drink. Christian sits at a table. Corrine is in front of him , dancing. He does not look at her.

CORRINE

I go to the bathroom. Come after me, I'll  give you something strong.

Thinking Corrine is talking about sex, Christian rejects her , but he sees in her hand drugs. The next moment Christian stands up and leaves.

The park nearby Christian's apartment, midnight

Near the park is a terrace, and a slow song hears from there. Christian walks along the lake. At a certain moment he stops. He sees in front of him a girl crying. She was the same girl from the afternoon, the girl that painted. For a while he just sit there looking at her. He is impressed by her tears and he does not know how to approach her.

CHRISTIAN

Why are you crying?

The girl

(looking at him a little bit scared, then after a moment of silence)

Sometimes a song can remind you things that you didn't find in reality , but that you are feeling so deeply that you cannot breathe anymore.

CHRISTIAN

(sitting next to her)

You are right! This song has something...I feel something when I listen to it.

THE GIRL

(smiling a little bit)

No, silly! Not the song is the problem. It's our souls.

CHRISTIAN

Do you think that?

THE GIRL

You know...I shouldn't talk to strangers.

CHRISTIAN

But I'm not a stranger...or I am a stranger but with a soul problem like yours...

THE GIRL

(smiling)

What happened to you ?Did you break up with your girlfriend? Or what?

CHRISTIAN

No, I don't have this type of problems!

THE GIRL

You're lucky!

CHRISTIAN

So, did you split up with your boyfriend?

THE GIRL

No, it's just I cannot find him. And I really miss him!

Christian looks a little bit weird at the girl. She starts laughing. 

THE GIRL

This is the last chance to go if you think I'm crazy.

CHRISTIAN

No, I don't think you are crazy. And I definitely don't want to go. It's the first time in the last two years when I start feeling good.

And now is the girl's turn to look strange to the boy.

THE GIRL

That's weird.

CHRISTIAN

Maybe you can explain me. You cry because you miss someone you didn't meet yet. And you didn't find someone you  are looking to ..but who...

THE GIRL

It's no so simple..or complicated as you say.

CHRISTIAN

Well, because these people from the terrace  play only this problem song I will have to convince you to explain me better, just not to hear it and cry again.

They both smile.

CHRISTIAN

(continuing)

You know...I have never been in love!

THE GIRL

That's wrong, how old are you?

CHRISTIAN

Twenty-five.

THE GIRL

Wow, that's not good. But why? Are you a cold person?

CHRISTIAN

(smiling)

No, let's say I had other important problems and I didn't have the chance to meet someone .

THE GIRL

Aha, ok. That is a good reason... I think.

CHRISTIAN

So, why are you crying?

THE GIRL

Have you ever been sad without knowing the reason?

CHRISTIAN

Yes.

THE GIRL

Have you ever gone to bed some nights and felt something was missing? But that was something more than a sex partner?

CHRISTIAN

Yes...

THE GIRL

I sometimes feel all these. And I sometimes paint. I paint people or sceneries because I am afraid that I will not see my soul-mate. That he will pass by me and I will be distracted by something else...And I will miss the chance to meet him again.

CHRISTIAN

Oh, you believe in the soul-mate.

THE GIRL

Yes, I do. I think it is the only certainty from my life. I always was unsociable, sad, nothing satisfied me. Till one day when I read Plato's myth about love and I understood.

CHRISTIAN

Oh, we deal with an educated girl. You paint, you read...you do everything a girl should do.

THE GIRL

Do you think so ?I thought our days girls have to know only to dress, to charm, to have sex, preferably oral sex, and other superficial things.

CHRISTIAN

You were wrong.

THE GIRL

For the first time I am glad I am wrong.

They both smile.

CHRISTIAN

Listen, I stay nearby , don't you want to come to drink something with me.

THE GIRL

I am not very good at normal sex either.

CHRISTIAN

(laughing)

Come on, this is not the reason I invited you. I am not a riper or a murderer.

THE GIRL

I believe you. You should have killed me  till now .No murderer can stand my ideas about love ..I suppose.  But I prefer to walk here. I don't know you very well...

CHRISTIAN

Ok.

THE GIRL

So, what about you?

CHRISTIAN

Well ..I had everything. I had a glamorous life full of parties, drink , sex ..and other things. The only problem was that I was only 17 and a lot of money which I spent on drugs. I lived like that three years till I woke up in a hospital with my parents crying next to me.

THE GIRL

You are joking, right? You are just chaffing me for my philosophy.

CHRISTIAN

I think your philosophy was the best description of my mood of the last two years when I was in a clinic in a Switzerland and all my world broke apart and I couldn't build another one.

THE GIRL

You are talking seriously. Wow...and I was wailing myself ..when there are others with real problems.

CHRISTIAN

No, don't say that! I told you everything because I felt I should, and you were sincere with me. When it is ours , any problem is important!

THE GIRL

I am glad you are now all right. Drugs are very dangerous.

CHRISTIAN

Yes, and when I think I could screw once again few hours ago...It is very strange ..with you I can say what I think..I am completely honest.

THE GIRL

Very well...at least one of us is telling the truth.

CHRISTIAN

Why are you saying this?

THE GIRL

I lied you!

CHRISTIAN

(surprised)

With what?

THE GIRL

In fact...I am very good in bed!

They both laugh.

CHRISTIAN

Come on , I stay really close. It is getting cold outside. We just drink something. I have just come from abroad and I don't have friends.

THE GIRL

Ok, but I still don't show you how good I am in bed. 

CHRISTIAN

Ok, we have a deal, you will show me that later.

THE GIRL

(laughing)

Hey, I didn't say that!

The two head to the boy's flat.

Christian's flat

The two enter the flat but the police appears and arrest Christian as being the owner of the house where they had found drugs.

The police station

Christian is interrogated .

CHRISTIAN

Believe me ! It is my apartment , but I didn't take drugs, you can call in Switzerland. I have stayed there two years at dezintoxication. Besides in the past two hours I was in the park with that girl.

The policeman

The fact that you were at dezintoxication does not help you at all. We will see how your tests will show. You are lucky though because your neighbors told us you weren't at home when  that group of young people came in your apartment.

CHRISTIAN

Exactly, they organized a surprise party for me, but I didn't like that, and for them to go I went in a club, but I didn't stay ..I left and I met that girl in that park.

THE POLICEMAN

That girl? What's her name?

CHRISTIAN

I don't know...

THE POLICEMAN

You met someone in the park, come with her at home and you don't know her name? As far as I have seen she does not look like a prostitute.

CHRISTIAN

She is not!!!

THE POLICEMAN

Well, then, I think she is not going to testify for you.

a room from the police

Christian is alone in a room and the girl enters. He embraces her.

CHRISTIAN

I thought you left. God, I don't know why is happening this...

THE GIRL

Maybe you should have had to left all your past behind.

CHRISTIAN

I cannot endure this anymore. All those years when I tried to forget...and now.

THE GIRL

Listen, don't be afraid. The police arrested your friends too and as far as I have heard one of them confessed you had no idea about the drug deal. Besides I testified you were with me. It's very clear you are clean.

CHRISTIAN

Did you testify for me?

THE GIRL

Of course ..that is the truth, right?

The next moment the door opens and a policeman enters.

Policeman

You can go now. We have no reason to hold you here. Next time change the lock.

Christian's flat 5 in the morning

Christian and the girl arrive tired in the flat.

CHRISTIAN

I didn't ask you. Are you staying with your parents ? It's very late...

THE GIRL

No, my family stays in other town. I stay here with a friend , but she is out of town.

CHRISTIAN

(looking very attentive at the girl)

We are very different , but yet so the same...You don't even know me , but you trusted in me and testified for me. Why?

THE GIRL

I said only the truth ..don't ask me anymore. Besides I have no reason not to believe you. So far you didn't disappoint me..(smiles). And I do know you ..I know some parts of your life, the most important ones, and I know some parts of your heart, parts that beat as mine ..it is enough , don't you think?...

CHRISTIAN

(approaching to her face and lips)

We don't even know our names ...

THE GIRL

Does it matter?

CHRISTIAN

Not in our world.

THE GIRL

Well, our world is the only one that matters.

They make love.

Christian's flat, the next morning

Christian and the girl are in bed,sleepy.

CHRISTIAN

You are even more beautiful at day light.

THE GIRL

I think you want to bribe me  to tell you my name.

CHRISTIAN

What is a name in a person's life?

THE GIRL

If I disappear how will you find me?

CHRISTIAN

I will listen to my soul problem.

THE GIRL

(smiling)

You have started to talk like me...We are so different...

CHRISTIAN

But yet so the same...

THE GIRL

( a little bit sad)

I have a problem. I don't know to be happy.

CHRISTIAN

Neither do I. But till I found you I didn't know to love either.

THE GIRL

(looking surprised at him)

And now?

CHRISTIAN

And now I feel that there will not be no more days with weird premonitions or lonely nights...

The girl just looks at him, without saying a word.

CHRISTIAN

Let's marry.

THE GIRL

(shocked)

What??? Are you proposing me?

CHRISTIAN

I don't know ..I am just saying we should marry ..today ..now ...like this...without no other thought.

THE GIRL

But we don't know. ..but...I...but why??

CHRISTIAN

Because I feel everything is real and in a moment of madness I don't want to look somewhere else and miss you.

Christian and the girl look in the eyes.

The town

Christian and the girl marry dressed very modest, but very happy and then they go through the town happy.

 

 

© 2008 Marina


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a cool new experience for me! never had read a screen play before. I really like the basic premise and story line. I loved how you introduced the two main characters in the park, The scene there was very subtle and romantic.
I think that the first part of the story, about how everything started with the friends who were into drugs, was not all that it could be. Maybe a little more historical back ground on Christians character.
Anyway, I think you've got a great peice of work here that could easly become something grand! I hope to see it on TV or a movie screen some day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have offten wanted to write a screenplay myself. You did a great job on this one. I loved the story too.
Thanks for sharing.
Kelley Frost

Posted 16 Years Ago


This was a cool new experience for me! never had read a screen play before. I really like the basic premise and story line. I loved how you introduced the two main characters in the park, The scene there was very subtle and romantic.
I think that the first part of the story, about how everything started with the friends who were into drugs, was not all that it could be. Maybe a little more historical back ground on Christians character.
Anyway, I think you've got a great peice of work here that could easly become something grand! I hope to see it on TV or a movie screen some day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008
Last Updated on February 10, 2008

Author

Marina
Marina

ploiesti, Romania



Writing
May May

A Story by Marina