Patience

Patience

A Story by maya
"

The thoughts of a young girl in a relationship.

"
It all started new years eve. Premature fireworks drowning out the sound of people counting down and laughing. And at the strike of midnight a blur of congratulations and kisses and wishes for a better life in the new year. But all I wished for was you, safe and next to me holding my hand.

All I got was your answering machine. 

Fifteen minutes after you walked away I finnaly reached you, you came back and you were mine again. But it was never the same as it was the first day. Too many times we fucked up, too many fights and too many door's that have been slammed shut in our faces. We've changed. 

I tend to blame it on the winter. On how I'm a much better person in the summer, when it's warm and I'm free from responsibilities school brings. But we've both changed since the begining, both given up pieces of us that made us the way we were. The people we fell in love with. And it's okay, I mean we are both only 18 and it's normal to change. What i'm terrifed of is that by the time we're 20 or 25 or maybe even next year we both would've changed so much, I'll wake up one morning and not recognize you. 

Or maybe one morning I'll wake up and you won't be here again and I'll be replaced by some other girl. Some girl who is much prettier and less messy. 

I guess we'll never know what we'll become until we become it. But no matter what happenes I would love to find out where this lead's us and I wouldn't change you for the world.

© 2018 maya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on March 1, 2018
Last Updated on March 1, 2018
Tags: romance, fiction, love story

Author

maya
maya

maribor, Slovenia