Kara

Kara

A Poem by Amelie
"

Love, what has become of me?

"

You’ve done yourself too little

took away laughter

that never reached-

your throat.

You kept your heart in a glass jar dead

of air;  it functioned

too well with-

plastic tubes

and metal screws.

 

You shut your world for the only

love you’ve known-

For you thought it

was all your own

 

A slow dance to a swooning jazz melody is all you wanted

But you

end up waltzing-

to your own; pain.

(you embrace it as cold fire.)

 

You kept your favorite memory like the first rose given by your father to your mother;

tucked between the pages of her Bible.

You caught yourself before a spiraling staircase:

At the bottom your love awaits.

You do not want to meet him.

But you have to hear it from his eyes;

and you chose to go

down and down and down and down and down and down and down and down 

and down and down and down and down and down and down 

and down and down and down and down and down             

and down and down and down and down 

and down and down and down 

and down and down 

and down 

and                                                            

you came horridly beautiful as a cosmic crash on Earth.

 

You wish you could’ve been more broken. ( I need to be whole again.)

You wish you could lie there all day, all week, all your life. (I have to stand up and find my balance.)

You wish you’d turn to sand, to ash, to dust, to a molecule, to an atom. (I have to magnify myself in my eyes.) 

So the winds might blow you away or transpire with the rain and you’ll be gone forever under the warmth of the sun.


Your love; is your own Pandora’s box. 

 

© 2012 Amelie


Author's Note

Amelie
She loved and loved and loved... and still loved.
- For a dear friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm not a melodramatic person or so I thought or tried to be. But this poem left a lump on my throat. Idk, there is love in there, in those lines. So strong it is almost destructive. A love so huge it is almost a world in itself. You did a wonderful job on this. Too beautiful I think.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Too emotional...You've made something because of your love for your friend.
Good job! Keep shining.

Posted 11 Years Ago


We go throught it like everyone else. We love someone so deeply. And then they are gone. Then disenchantment strikes. We never run after love so often because we're scrared. Scared of what? Scared to let go and lose? We set them free because we are either afraid of pain or we are stubborn enough to embrace pain.

But isn't it the real essence? Love bears all the happiness and all the pain. True satisfaction will come from loving another with all our heart.

This write is intense and full of emotion. I feel your sadness for your dear friend. But sometimes, as much as we hated it, we can only be an audience.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's wonderful, my dear sister. I know her but never thought she is loving her guy like that. I haven't seen it behind her smiles. Back to your piece, I love they way you expressed the feelings into words. You're indeed a cat! Why? Because in the eyes of a cat, there lies a hidden truth. (Got this thought from the movie "Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore". I miss you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is gorgeous :) Nearly brought me to tears..smiling tears :')

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is an incredible shout, one I have felt myself, one so incredibly epic that it takes long time resurfacing, but you do eventually, you do. This explains perfectly waiting for the pain of a lover's need to find a balance find fruition, suffering in your own way, dealing with your own needs. wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That felt good just to read it. I loved the line:

"You kept your favorite memory like the first rose given by your father to your mother"

Your friend should feel honored to have such a poem written about them

Posted 11 Years Ago


a portrait in tatters.. this is how we're broken down, decomposing in the ruins of our own destruction.. a really penetrating piece, love shouldn't lay us to waste like this, but it does, and we do it, more tragic to watch your friend do this to herself.. hopefully sharing this with her will bring some comfort and strength.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm not a melodramatic person or so I thought or tried to be. But this poem left a lump on my throat. Idk, there is love in there, in those lines. So strong it is almost destructive. A love so huge it is almost a world in itself. You did a wonderful job on this. Too beautiful I think.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

526 Views
8 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 3, 2012
Last Updated on November 3, 2012
Tags: love, relationships, life, experimental

Author

Amelie
Amelie

Memoryhouse , Philippines



About
Call me Mel. I'm a kaleidoscope of sorts. Create a playlist at MixPod.com more..

Writing
Blackhole Blackhole

A Poem by Amelie