I promise....

I promise....

A Poem by .Bunnie.
"

Promises from me to me! ^.^

"

I promise to love myself, for I am worthy to be loved.

I promise to achieve, for I am smart and diligent.

I promise to not hang my head, for I am as worthy as anyone.

I promise to not give up, for I have too much spirit.

I promise to not overreact, for it gets nothing accomplished.

I promise to never lose sight of myself, for I am far too special.

I promise to rest easy every night, for I am truly a good person.

© 2009 .Bunnie.


Author's Note

.Bunnie.
Ive always heard that when you repeat something several times a day to yourself, you begin to believe it. Ive always heard that positive thinking warrants positive results. Well, I think its high time that I start to do that! Ive begun to lose myself, and Ive begun to let others get me down...and yes, admittedly, I am as guilty as the rest of them at putting myself down.

So...no more! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this. It seems to be if you say or do something at least 20 times it becomes a habit. But people just need to learn to do more positive than negative, but we are all human and make mistakes, so hopefully we learn from them.

Posted 14 Years Ago


the structure of this poem repeats itself in the beginning words of the lines. I find that different and attention sucking, because it drug me right in. This is a really awesome poem with emotion and tons of feeling.

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


Absolutely amazing, yet simple poem... whoa!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The simplest things can be the most beautiful, and this poem is a perfect example.
~D♥m♥~

Posted 14 Years Ago


the little steps you have down, make a huge ladder. simaliar to one big dream and little pieces to complete the puzzle every day. this is pretty nice!

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


So so so inspirational! You seem to have a lot of wisdom, and you aren't afraid to share it! I greatly admire that :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I so NEED to learn from you...^_^...I should start telling myself all that too...

It is great! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes, YES! This is *exactly* what people need to understand! It is often times people's reaction to things that dictates the outcome rather than the strict facts. Emotions are a delicate thing, ready to love unquestioningly and hate endlessly. It's only when we acknowledge that though we fail we continue to try that makes us better people. I think you understand this and refuse to let the criticism of others control your feelings. YOU are in control.

Good job. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


That is great... very simple but full of positivity... yes sometimes you need to tell yourself these things over and over... the sad reality is it can take one negative word to negate 100 positive... we for some reason find it easier to believe the bad.... So fly above all that negative and soar to the realms of self love and know you are somebody.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2009
Last Updated on September 25, 2009

Author

.Bunnie.
.Bunnie.

Belvidere, IL



About
Okay, so I think I'm scrapping all my old s**t and starting fresh!! I took a break from Writer's Cafe, but I'm back!! So a little debriefing about me. I started out reading romance novels when I w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..