Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by M J Moore

 

Kristoff opened the French doors of his balcony, letting the light breeze dance with the white gossamer curtains as the moon cast its reflection over his bronzed skin. He knew what a cliché picture he posed to the street below him. He was a creature of the night, found typically only in shadow, and here he was, staring up at the sky like an offering.

 

He cursed under his breath as he took in the humid air of the Boston skyline. He needed to get out of this city. He turned around, allowing his naked figure to be cast in shadow from the moon. He looked at his king size bed, at the lovely figure tangled up in the sheets, her red hair cascaded around her bare shoulders and onto the creamy silk sheets. He still needed to thank the god of Vengeance for his loan. He’d said the nymph had wanted some time out to explore, so he had dropped her by for a little site-seeing. They hadn’t made it out of his balcony apartment.

 

He watched her as she rolled over and moaned softly, stretching out and arching her back seductively. She looked over at him, standing in the doorway, and stared at him with heavy-lidded eyes.  “You come back to bed, yes?” she asked as she patted the empty space on the bed next to her.

 

He smiled at her. He liked the way she used choppy English, almost like an Asian would. It was beautiful coming out of her round mouth, melodic. But that made sense, since nymphs usually sang mystically in their language, so beautiful on the ears. “Not right now, sweetheart,” he murmured.

 

“You need to feed?” she asked as she spread seductively across the bed. He’d fed off of her so many nights the last few weeks that she had begun to think it just natural that he feed off her when he had to.

 

He walked over to her, ready to take her in his arms. As he stared over her from above the bed, the light played across her face, and there, for the barest of a moment, she looked like his Ana. He sucked in his breath and took a step back.

 

She sat up, “something wrong?” she asked. When he didn’t respond, merely looked at her with horror, she started to pout. “Fine. You don’t want Mariah, Mariah leave.” She began to gather her belongings, starting with her sarong. She deftly tied it around her torso and got up from the bed.

 

“No, baby, don’t go,” he said, coming to her. He gathered her hair in his hands and pulled her close for a deep kiss. He eased her sarong back down her body, letting it pool to the floor at her feet. His hands traced circles across her lithe body just before he picked her up in his arms and set her back down on the bed.

“You’re not going anywhere tonight,” he said as he brushed his body across hers.




© 2008 M J Moore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

love this, you captured the vampire's aura which is key to the hypnotic suggestivness enveloping
the first scene, the detail is laid with passionate, sensuous effect, one can feel the moment in clarity,
well written, emotionally transporting, sharp outline, i find this vampire saga well written, and intriguing,
definitely keeps the reader hooked to the next chaper, depthfully intense imagery, vivid, impacting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Fantastic intro. I love how you include enough information to just catch us and draw us in.
You managed to grab almost the perfect amount of sex appeal of the young, fine, male vampire. And the note on Ana's broken English is a very nice touch.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wicked tempting beatiful vampire... I love this character, almost as much as I love Aren. I am so glad that you are writing his own book. AND I am glad that you are posting it.

MJ, I've missed you beautiful girl, and your writing is as always, superb. Take care.

All my love,
Stephanie

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love this, you captured the vampire's aura which is key to the hypnotic suggestivness enveloping
the first scene, the detail is laid with passionate, sensuous effect, one can feel the moment in clarity,
well written, emotionally transporting, sharp outline, i find this vampire saga well written, and intriguing,
definitely keeps the reader hooked to the next chaper, depthfully intense imagery, vivid, impacting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 22, 2008
Last Updated on April 22, 2008


Author

M J Moore
M J Moore

College Station, TX



About
I want to be different some days. Some days I'm perfectly happy and content being me. I think in third person. I don't like to cry. Only 2 people can make me cry. I tend to strike out when I'm sad o.. more..

Writing