♥Love♥

♥Love♥

A Story by Lynaelee

Love. It's a four letter word that causes a lot of confusion. It's also one of the most powerful and despicable forces in the world. It is defined as a profoundly and passionate affection for another person; a feeling of warm personal attachment. Unfortunately, it's a word that gets thrown around before people understand what it means. Each love cannot be contained to a single sentence or paragraph. Love is so deep, that we only brush the surface. They all require work, trust, faith, and hope.
The love of a child for his family is innocent and pure. Completely trusting and carefree; it's the richest and truest form. "I know this person will protect me and take care of me. I have nothing to worry about." They love with a compassion that's so true, that mistakes are easily forgotten about. They don't the flaws that you have to point out. They have the direct line to see within the soul. They have a heart of gold and share it with a laugh, a hug, or a kiss on the cheek. When they look around, life is bright, fun, and inviting. Their curious minds guide their little feet to move, but their little hearts guide their hands to act. It's in their nature to be around others. They throw fits, but it's not up to them to understand the vast emotions running through their bodies. They look to others for help with that.
The love of a parent guides you and helps you grow. It surrounds the child like a blanket of protection. A dark cloud looms in the distance and a parent's love kneels in front of the child and points them towards the sunshine instead; the child can then enjoy life while the parent tries to tame the storm, keeping the child safe from harm. A parent delights in a child's small victories and weeps when the child is hurt. They tell themselves that they need to be strong for their children, but it tears them apart when their lessons don't stick. Pride can be seen through the eyes. "That's my child. I can't wait to see what they will do with their lives." High hopes are set, and often left unmet. The small glimmer of disappointment, while they don't mean it, causes a lifetime of self doubt. Parents love their children in a way to show them that no matter what, they have someone to look up to. 
The love of a friend is the most relaxed form. Here you get to be yourself, settle in and get comfortable. It comes in many variations. From protective to obscure to casual to even experimental. The only distance that can separate them is time. With friends, you find how you have grown and changed. Air isn't strained. Quietness is welcome, but not necessary. When they capture your heart, they help you shine. The love of a friend often goes unnoticed because time is not always a priority. People drift apart, and it takes some of your heart with them.
The most common form of love is between lovers. People will throw the word casually around to get intimate, but then think that intimacy only deals with nakedness. This is the most difficult form of love because it requires you to take a leap. Unfortunately, it's not a walk in the park, a leisurely stroll, a quick run, or a quiet journey. This love shakes every part of who you are. You think different, you begin to act different, and above everything else, you seek approval from your partner. It sneaks up on you. You're caught in a whirlwind before you even have a chance to catch your breath. You often ask "is this right? Am I going to fast? Do I want to slow down? Do I need to get off?" It's terrifying, but it brightens your world and brings you peace. You feel giddy. You want to jump and break down all barriers. Because it is such a clamoring effect, you want shout to the world your love. It builds up inside you, overfills your cup, and you share with others. No matter what you try, you can't run from it without hurting yourself and them too. It takes constant nurturing, from both sides. When you look at them, your heart flutters and you grin. You realize this is the most exciting ride you will ever be on.
Then there's the love of yourself. This often gets overlooked because this world is so oriented making you look and feel a certain way; it can never be matched. You're told that if you want to be happy than you have to do this and this and this. You set goals for yourself, but you can never meet the world's requirements. Therefore, you feel like you have fallen short and will never be good enough. "If I could only lose another 15 pounds... If only I had this much more... If only I looked like..." This needs to stop. The only person who can tell you who you truly are is yourself. It doesn't matter if you have the latest hairstyle, the newest fashion trends, the best phone, or the most money. If you can't love yourself, then the adoring stares you get from the crowd will eventually mean nothing to you. If no one has told you today, you are beautiful, just the way you are. You can do this. Self love is the hardest to accept.
There's the love of a stranger. You take this love and you share it with those you meet in the street. Sparing some change for someone struggling, buying groceries for that mom in the store with her hands full with three kids and dark circles under eyes, a cup of coffee for your boss, a genuine smile to anyone you pass, a kind word, or even opening up the door for the elderly couple attached at the elbows. This love doesn't require to be noticed or reciprocation. Most would call it just being a decent human being.
Finally, there's the unconditional love of a man who was willing to give up his life for you. He was the perfect man. He never sinned, but he yelled, he got mad, he cried, and he loved. His love is the one that is the most profound and the hardest to wrap your mind around. Mainly because of that seed of doubt we have planted deep inside our minds. We look at ourselves and feel unworthy of this type of love, so we turn from it and run. We refuse to accept it because "surely I am good enough." This man in named Jesus Christ. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life - never stole, never lied, never cheated, never dishonored his parents, never took God's name in vain, served the One true God, never put work money or life ahead of God, didn't worship the next fix, and never had an impure thought. He chose to die so you could have the opportunity to spend eternity with him in heaven. He didn't stay dead. He lives. He wants you to accept his love and forgiveness, because to him, you are perfect just the way you are. You don't have to change to accept his love, but his love will change you. (John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him will not perish.) 

© 2017 Lynaelee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have a true talent and your amazing with ur words

Posted 6 Years Ago


you analyzed what love is in such a wonderful way

Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lynaelee

6 Years Ago

Thank you for taking time to read my work. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Planet x

6 Years Ago

you are welcome
This was long but absolutely worth the read. I love the way you've taken up so many different types of love and explained them most comprehensively and beautifully. Well done! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lynaelee

7 Years Ago

Even though it was long, I'm glad you read it until the end. It's a hard topic to say little about. .. read more
Bushra Naqshbandi

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome! Keep up the good work! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2017
Last Updated on April 2, 2017

Author

Lynaelee
Lynaelee

About
Sometimes I feel like I need an outlet to express myself. I have never been good with verbal communication, but I have always found an out in writing. I hurt. I bleed. I make mistakes. I cry. Yes,.. more..

Writing
If only If only

A Book by Lynaelee


1. *Prologue* 1. *Prologue*

A Chapter by Lynaelee