Love and Sympathy

Love and Sympathy

A Story by Kimberly Miller
"

What if Love and Sympathy were real people? Who had a real discussion about a dying boy? Also can be called a Morality Poem or Story.

"

  " I'm sorry ma'am, there's nothing that can be done." And with those words, the Doctor walked out of the room, leaving a sick, young boy on a bed and his grieving mother weeping beside him.

 

    " What's wrong with him Love," Sympathy whispered, although they were both aware, neither the boy nor his mother could hear them, no human could, at least not in this world.

    " Does it matter?" Love said gently. Turning her attention back to the boy she replied.

 

    " Sometimes our goal is not to understand Sympathy, but to simply accept the hand that God deals to us."

 

      "But he is suffering so," Sympathy said, compassion dripping from her soft voice.

       " Yes, but not for long," Love said sadly.

        "No, you don't mean to say that...." Sympathy said, heartbroken.

       " Yes, his time has come," Love said.

         "Why would God allow this young boy's life to end just because of someone's mistake?" Sympathy cried in dispair.

    "What has he done wrong, why did God allow that awful man to get in that car, why should he survive and this innocent boy die?" Her voice raised a tad higher.

         "Only God knows certain things Sympathy, but everything has a reason, and God's plan is behind it," Love said.

    " Sometimes, God's plan takes years to manifest itself and other times, we will never know this side of heaven."

       "Surely Justice will come and see that this wrong is righted," Sympathy said confidently.

        " Justice is not to make even or revenge, you know that," Love scolded softly.

        "Justice will see that the man shall serve time for his crime but even that is not the ultimate goal."

           "The goal is for the man who wronged this family to ask for their forgiveness and repent,"

        "Its all the same thing," Sympathy replied.

         "No, its not," Love said.

           "Forgiveness is asking to be forgiven for a wrong, but repentence is asking to be changed from a wrong path to a right one,"

            "So the goal is not for a wrong to be righted or even for this family to get revenge, but that the man who caused this tragedy to be turned from wrong to right?" Sympathy said understandingly.

              "Yes" Love responed.

             "And this family is expected to just forgive the man of his unspeakable deals?" Questioned Sympathy.

                 "The family is not to forget the boy, or what happened on this day, but to move on, to find comfort and hope in God, and the faith that one day, that man might be saved from an awful fate." Love said wisely.

            " I believe I am beginning to understand," Sympathy said.

           

              "But tell me Love, does this boy's eternity end well,"

            "I believe it does."

     

          

 

© 2015 Kimberly Miller


Author's Note

Kimberly Miller
Please review and comment, I know this may not mean much to those who aren't Christians but to those of you who are, I can only hope that this perhaps meant something to you, each to ones own special way.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this. It was so sad yet so hopeful that we may have life after death.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank u! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


It is not easy to forgive, but forgiveness brings healing. I like how you mentioned that the family shouldn't seek revenge, this kinda reminds me of the song "Forgiveness" I forgot who sings it but he wrote the song from someones point of view of losing a loved one because of a drunk driver I think and they forgave that person ( I don't know the story in great detail and I may have somethings wrong, but I do remember hearing the story on the radio station I listen to). Anyway, it is interesting how you have Love and Sympathy talking and I think you did good in portraying them well. It is not easy losing a loved one, but God is there to help us through those hard times.

Good Job

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on February 9, 2015
Tags: Love, Sympathy, Story, Morality

Author

Kimberly Miller
Kimberly Miller

About
Hey! I'm a teen and live in the U.S. I am homeschooled! And loving it! My hobbies are reading, writing, animals (mainly cats), listen to music and audio stories,some sewing, hanging out on Writer's C.. more..

Writing