Lyndsey and the No Name Kitten

Lyndsey and the No Name Kitten

A Story by Nancy Lee Shrader

 

 

 

First Place Oct 13, 2008
 

 

Lyndsey and the No Name Kitten

 

 

Lyndsey Milo watched the kitten that lived in the wood behind her back yard from her bedroom window.

 

The little no-name kitten could see the little blonde-haired girl every time he climbed into the big oak tree.

 

"I wonder what your name is." Lyndsey asked herself as she watched the kitten climb into the big oak tree.

 

"I would give you a very special name if you were my kitten," Lyndsey said as she pressed her nose against the window pane.

 

"Who are you talking to?" Her brother Michael asked, sticking out his tongue at her. "Are you talking to your imaginary cat again?"

 

"He’s more real than the Big Foot you saw when you and daddy went hunting." Lyndsey said as she closed her bedroom door.

 

The little no-name kitten wasn’t a very happy kitten because he didn’t have a name. He watched the little blonde haired girl and wondered if she would give him a name.

One day Lyndsey was out in her back yard swinging very high. Each time her swing went up-up into the trees; she could see the little kitten sitting in the tree.

 

Lyndsey had an idea.

 

"I will call out the special name I picked out, every time I swing up high. Maybe the little kitten will like the name and be my special friend."

 

The little no-name kitten was feeling very sorry for himself and then he heard something. Someone was calling out one word. He looked and saw the little blonde-haired girl swinging high up over the trees.

 

"Meow! Meow! What is she saying?" The little no-named kitten said as his ears perked up so he could hear a little better.

 

He listened as hard as he could, but the s

 

Arf Arf! Arf Arf! Arf Arf!

quirrels in the top of the old oak tree were making so much noise

Arf Arf! Arf Arf! Arf Arf!

Arf Arf! Arf Arf! Arf Arf!

 

"Meow! Meow! Be Quiet!" The little no-named kitten hollered at the noisy squirrels.

 

Lyndsey had been hollering out that special name every time her swing went high up into the treetop, but the little kitten had not answered. She decided to try one more time.

 

Suddenly it got very quiet and just as the squirrels stopped barking. He heard the sweetest voice he had ever heard. She sounded like an angel.

 

"SPRINKLES! SPRINKLES!"

 

The little no-named kitten heard her this time. "Meow. Meow. She is calling out a name. Meow! Meow! She is calling out my name!"

 

The little no-named kitten climbed down from the old oak tree.

 

He walked proudly out of the woods to claim his name and the little girl who would love him enough to give him such a special name.

 

"Meow! Meow! Sprinkles is a real international name. Meow! Meow! Everyone, everywhere loves candy sprinkles! No matter what language they speak."

 

Lyndsey saw the little kitten. He had heard her call out the special name and liked it. He wanted to be her kitten.

 

Lyndsey drug her feet on the ground until her swing stopped swinging.

 

Lyndsey didn’t want to scare him, so she walked very slowly toward the little kitten.

Finally she was close enough. She knelt down and gently petted the kitten on the head.

 

"I would like you to be my special friend and I would like to name you Sprinkles. Would you like that?" Lyndsey asked the little kitten.

 

"Meow! Meow! Yes! Yes! Meow! Meow! I would like that very much!" Meowed Sprinkles.

 

Lyndsey gently picked up Sprinkles and he snuggled up against her shoulder. He purred very loudly, letting Lyndsey know that he was a very happy kitten indeed.

 

"I love you Sprinkles," Lyndsey said.

"Meow! Meow! I love you too," meowed Sprinkles.

© 2008 Nancy Lee Shrader


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cute!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is adorable!

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
This is more than cute, more than whimsy, its childish; the imagination each one of us had growing up. Parents and elders were blind to the gentle childish innocence that saw what wasn't and felt what shouldn't and knew what only another child could. My hat's off to your childishness and the beautiful memories you've aroused.
Lar


Posted 15 Years Ago


awww, thats so cute!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

695 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2008
Last Updated on October 13, 2008

Author

Nancy Lee Shrader
Nancy Lee Shrader

Beckley, WV



About
Nancy Lee Shrader resides in Beckley, West Virginia. She is author of three books IS IT NOW? The End of Days! IS HE MESSIAH? Messianic Prophecies Revealed! And The Curse of Mayweather House Nancy Lee .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..