Christmas Kitty-Cat Days

Christmas Kitty-Cat Days

A Story by Nancy Lee Shrader

  

Christmas tree with lights animated gifRudolph reindeer with flashing red nose animated gif

Kitty Cat Santa Hat Christmas Imageself waving sitting on presents animated gifChristmas gifts wrapped and ready.

Green Glitter Ribbon Bow # 228763Glitter decoration # 203881Green Glitter Ribbon Bow # 228763

Merry Christmas animated with many colors

 Christmas Kitten -- Interactive Christmas eCard from Blue Mountain Christmas Lights -- Interactive Christmas eCard from Blue Mountain

Christmas Kitty Cat Days

 

By

Nancy Lee Shrader

And

Co-Author

Lyndsey Elaine

 

 

 

Christmas kitty-cat days is a day that Lyndsey Milo will always remember. She went to bed on Christmas Eve, with sugarplums actually dancing in her head. Wonderful dreams filled her mind. In her dream, she saw Santa coming down the chimney. He walked into her room and sat down on her bed. First he looked at the Nice List and Lyndsey Milo’s name was at the very top. He reached in his pack and suddenly Lyndsey woke up, but was she really awake. She must be dreaming because she was standing in the middle of a magical land. Snow covered the ground as far as the eye could see, but she wasn’t cold even though she was wearing her nightgown. Her room was nowhere in sight. In fact she wasn’t in her house at all.

 

"Hello little girl. Where did you come from? "

 

Lyndsey looked around, but the only thing she saw was a snowman and a snow-lady standing near the entrance to a long snow covered road.

 

"Don’t little girls have ears?" Said another voice, but this one sounded like a lady.

 

"Who’s there?" Lyndsey said, looking around in all directions.

 

"Well she can hear, but can she see? She has eyes, but maybe they don’t work like ours do."

 

"I don’t know, dear, but maybe if we throw a snowball at her, she will see us."

 

Before Lyndsey could look around, a big snowball hit her in the back. "Who did that?"

 

"I did. Look over here at the road. Can’t you see us?"

 

"Are you invisible?"

 

"No. I see you Crystal."

 

"I can see you too, Frosty."

 

Lyndsey looked directly at the two snow people, but couldn’t believe her ears. Snow people can’t talk. She must be dreaming. She pinched herself. "Ouch! That hurt!"

 

"Sure even us snow people know that when you pinch yourself, it hurts."

 

"You can talk."

 

"Sure we can talk! Don’t snow people talk where you come from?"

 

"Well no, I have never heard any talk before."

 

"We told you our names. What is your name little girl?" Frosty asked.

 

"My name is Lyndsey. How did I get here?"

 

"Where are you going Lyndsey?"

 

"I wasn’t going anywhere. I went to bed and was waiting for Santa Claus to come and bring me presents." Lyndsey said, but she felt really silly carrying on a conversation with people made out of snow.

 

"Well if Santa is who you are looking for, just follow the road there. It will take you to Santa’s house."

 

"Meow, Meow. Hello Frosty. Hello Crystal. How are you melting today? "

 

Lyndsey couldn’t believe her eyes. From behind a tall pine tree, a kitty-cat dressed in a hooded fur coat and white fur boots stepped onto the road. The kitty-cat hadn’t noticed Lyndsey standing there and continued talking to Frosty and Crystal.

 

"Oh we are melting nice and slowly today," replied Frosty.

 

"I heard the weather report at the candy cane weather station. It said that it will get down to thirty degrees below zero tonight, so melting will be even slower tomorrow."

 

"Sugarplum, I would like you to meet Lyndsey. She is looking for Santa," Crystal the snow-lady made the necessary introductions.

 

Sugarplum turned to see who this Lyndsey was. She wanted to know who was there looking for her master. "Hello there, where did you come from? Why do you want to see my master?"

 

"To answer your first question, Lyndsey said. I kive on Campbell Street, but I'm not sure how I got here.  I'm sure I must be dreaming." 

 

"You pinched yourself, so you aren't dreaming."  Frosting said laughing.

 

"Tell me what you do remember?"  Sugarplum asked.

 

"I was in bed and now I’m here. Where ever here is. Where am I?"

 

"Why you are at the North Pole, deary!"

 

"I think that I must be dreaming. You can’t be real and neither are they." Lyndsey said pointing at Frosty and Crystal. "Kitty-Cats can’t talk and neither can snow people."

"What do you mean, Kitty-Cats can’t talk? You just answered my first question, so you must have heard me talk to you."

 

"I thought we already came to the conclusion that you aren’t dreaming when you pinched yourself," Frosty said joining the conversation.

 

Sugarplum ambled slowly toward the little girl with long blonde hair. She curled her slinky body around Lyndsey’s legs, pushing the fur hood off her head. Lyndsey noticed that there was a golden star embedded into Sugarplum’s fur, right in the middle of her head between her pink pointed ears. Lyndsey reached down to touch the golden star. It looked like it was covered in gold glitter, but it wasn’t glitter at all; it was made of fur just like the rest of her.

 

"How did you make you fur sparkle like that?" Lyndsey asked. She loved to make herself sparkly, with sparkling lotions with different aromas. "I have never seen a kitty-cat sparkle like that."

 

Frosty and Crystal started laughing. "We thought everyone knew how Sugarplum got her name. Santa named her Sugarplum because of that sparkling star on her head. Santa said that she looked like she had been dipped in the golden sugar that Mrs. Claus used to make sugarplum fairy cookies. Sugarplum, do you remember the day Santa found you?" Frosty asked, the pretty kitty-cat.

 

"I think I do. It was such a long time ago and I was only a baby kitty-cat at the time. Santa tells me the story just before he gets into his sleigh on Christmas Eve. He said I was kissed by the star of Bethlehem and it made me a special kitty-cat."

 

"How could you have been kissed by the Christmas Star?" Lyndsey asked. "That star only appeared in the sky on the night Jesus was born."

 

"Oh contraire, I beg to differ with you. I have seen the Christmas Star many times. On Christmas Eve when the sky is clear and bright when all the world sleeps, the Christmas Star shines bright in the heavens, so to remind the world of the greatest Christmas Gift of all�"His One and Only Son Jesus."

 

"I didn’t know that Kitty-Cats knew about Jesus."

 

"Of course we all know about Jesus," Frosty said. Jesus is the reason that this place even exists. That first Christmas 2000 years ago gave people a reason to give gifts on Christmas."

 

"Does Santa believe in Christ Jesus?" Lyndsey asked.

 

Sugarplum used one of her booted paws to write out the word Christmas in the snow. "See look here. What do you see?"

CHRIST-MAS

"I see Christ at the beginning."

 

"See Lyndsey, Jesus Christ is Christmas."

 

"Well I had better be getting back. Santa will be looking for me. It’s Christmas Eve, ya know?

 

"May I go with you, so I can ask Santa if he would take me home. I miss, my mommy and daddy. I even miss Justin and Michael too. Do you think there is room in Santa’s Sleigh for me?"

 

"I’m sure that my master will be glad to take you home. Follow me and we will go and ask him."

 

Lyndsey followed Sugarplum down the long snow covered road. There were tall pine trees that lined both sides of the road. The grade of the road began steeping upward and just when Lyndsey thought she couldn’t walk any farther, they came to the top of the hill. From that vantage point, she could see the entire valley below. A huge castle loomed in the distance, surrounded by buildings of all shapes and sizes.  Even from the great distance at the top of the hill, Lyndsey could see the hustle and bustle below. There were elves in bright colored clothing, carrying packages from one building to another. Baby reindeer pranced around the countryside, jumping into the air practicing how to fly. Suddenly Lyndsey’s eyes widened. It was Santa standing in an open doorway, calling orders to a group of elves who were carrying a large pine tree toward the castle. Lyndsey just stood there staring into the distance. This was an unbelievable sight.

 

"It’s Santa Claus! She squealed with delight.

 

"Yes, that’s my master. Come over here. We will ride the rest of the way. On the other side of a large pine tree was a brightly colored sleigh. Sugarplum climbed inside and motioned for Lyndsey to follow her. Once inside, Sugarplum made sure that Lyndsey had her seatbelt fastened before she released the brake. Whoosh, the sleigh flew into high gear as it sped across the snow. Faster and faster it went down, down, down toward North Pole City. The road was now lined with giant candy canes instead of pine trees. Lyndsey noticed polar bears and penguins waving to her from the side of the road beyond the candy canes. Then something caught her eye, but she couldn’t believe what she had just seen. There was a group of snow angels skating on a ice pond in a little clearing. One waved to her and she waved back without even realizing it. She looked further and saw a wall of ice that seemed to surround her on all sides and when she looked up the wall of ice seemed to curl over top of her, shadowing the large village below from being viewed from the air. She no longer wondered why North Pole City had never been spotted from the air when planes flew over. The sleigh had a sudden jerk backwards and when she looked a giant balloon had come from somewhere under the sleigh and it was slowing to a stop. A group of elves descended up them with brightly wrapped gifts and jars of candy.

 

"Welcome! Welcome! There musical voices rang out. One of the elves helped her out of the sleigh. She looked and he was bigger than life. Santa was walking toward her.

 

"Well what do we have here? Lyndsey Elaine Milo. You should be at home in bed waiting for me to come to you."

 

"I’m sorry, Santa. I don’t know how I got here. I got in bed and closed my eyes and the next thing I knew I was standing in front of a road and snow people were talking to me."

 

"You must have wished to be here. At Christmas time many wishes are granted. I see you have met my Sugarplum. I’m sure she is just another one of your wishes. Let me see now, I know, I read your letter and you didn’t say anything about wanting a pretty kitty-cat just like Sugarplum, but I feel that is exactly what you wanted to ask me to bring you."

 

"Well yes, but daddy would say no, so I asked for another doll instead."

 

"Oh, I see. Well, Lyndsey girl, I will just have to do some whispering in your daddy’s ear tonight. Speaking of your daddy, I’m sure he is looking everywhere for you by now. Let’s give him a call and tell him that I will bring you home later. Then Sugarplum will take you on a tour of North Pole City, while I’m getting ready for Christmas Eve. I would take you myself, but it’s my busiest day of the year."

"Oh, I understand, Santa."

 

Sugarplum, take her to the kitchen first, Momma just took a fresh batch of cookies out of the oven. I’m sure she would like to have one before she starts the tour."

 

"Yes, Santa. Come Lyndsey, you haven’t tasted anything until you have eaten one of Mrs. Claus’ sugarplum fairy cookies."

 

"That’s right that is how you got your name. I would love to meet Mrs. Claus."

 

Sugarplum went to the door of the castle, and scooted through a little kitty-cat door at the bottom of the big iron door. A few minutes later the big door opened and a white-haired lady with the sweetest smile stood in the doorway.

 

"Come in, Lyndsey. Sugarplum tells me that you would like one of my fresh baked cookies. I just took a fresh batch out of the oven and they should be cooled by now. Come in the kitchen."

 

Lyndsey walked behind Mrs. Claus through a cozy living room. She noticed that there was a fire burning in the fireplace and on the mantle was a picture of Mrs. Claus feeding a bottle to a baby Rudolph. There were several other pictures on the mantel. Santa asleep in his rocking chair with Sugarplum asleep on his stomach and a wedding picture of a very much younger Santa and his bride. Lyndsey looked to her left, right into Santa’s study. There were shelves and shelves of toys from centuries past up to this very day. On one shelve, she saw Amazing Amanda, the doll Santa had brought her the previous Christmas and the bicycle he had brought to Michael. Mrs. Claus noticed her staring into the study.

 

"Would you like to see the doll, Santa brought to your mother when she was just a little older than you?"

"I sure would." Lyndsey said and followed Mrs. Claus into the study and watched as she got down a little blonde-haired doll.

 

 

"Pull the pacifier out of her mouth and see what happens." Mrs. Claus told Lyndsey. Lyndsey did as she was told and to her surprise, the doll’s head moved and her body squirmed as she cried. Lyndsey tried to put the pacifier back in the doll’s mouth, but was having a hard time doing so. Mrs. Claus laughed. Your mother had the same problem and so did her little brother David. Did you notice that Santa placed that doll right in the center of all the toys from that era, with spaces all around it empty?"

"Yes. Why did Santa do  that?"  Lyndsey asked.

 

"Well, Santa wanted to set that doll apart from all the rest of the toys. Give it a special place in his study. Your mother loved that doll, but she gave it to her little brother David, who was very sick. You see, your mother’s generous nature made this doll special in Santa’s eyes."

 

"I didn’t know my mommy did that."

 

"Yes, your mommy showed the love that baby Jesus placed in her heart. Here Lyndsey, take this doll. She belongs to you now."

 

"Is this the same doll? Yes, the very same one that your mother gave away, because Christ’s love was in her. Santa picked it up after David died and gave it a place of honor here on his toy shelf. "Now let’s get some of those cookies."

 

Lyndsey and Sugarplum had cookies and hot chocolate before they left on their tour of North Pole City.  Lyndsey got to meet all the reindeers personally and was almost blinded by Rudolph’s nose. She was seeing red for several minutes. She could understand why Santa used Rudolph to guide his sleigh on Christmas Eve. Lyndsey was amazed at how big the work shop was and how the elves all worked as a team painting toys, wrapping presents and passing them like an elf assembly line. She listened to them sing Christmas songs as they worked. She went for a ride on a ice block across a large lake and watched polar bears and penguins swimming and playing tag with each other. Several others were belly flopping across the snow, laughing at each other. She met the snow angels and ice skated on the ice pond with them. The sun seemed to be dimming and Sugarplum knew that it was almost time. "Come Lyndsey, you will get to hear the story of me and the Christmas Star." She followed Sugarplum back to the castle. Santa was sitting in his rocking chair waiting for them. He lifted Lyndsey up on his knee and Sugarplum jumped up on his stomach.

Santa began the story, singing in a low baratone.

 

"It twas the night before Christmas

and the moon was shinning bright.

I couldn’t believe my eyes

as my reindeer took flight.

My sleigh whooshed high

into the sky, much lighter than air.

I looked over my shoulder

and saw it was there.

The night was clear and bright

on this Christmas Eve night.

I saw Bethlehem’s Star

shine down its glorious light.

I looked down below

and what did I see?

I saw a little lost kitty-cat

looking right up at me.

In the darkness of night

way down below.

I followed the light

as I flew over real slow.

To what to my wondering eyes

should appear.

A beam of light streamed down

from the stratosphere.

I watched as the Star gave that kitty-cat

a Christmas kiss from afar.

She sparkled like diamonds,

bright as the Star.

I pulled on the reins

and watched this magical sight.

I had seen a miracle

on this Christmas Eve night.

The little kitty-cat sparkled

and wings she did grow.

The star on her head lit up all aglow.

She flew high in the air

to my sleigh she came.

Singing her song,

calling my name.

Santa oh Santa

give me a name of love.

Your name came to me

as I hovered above.

You reminded me of

a Sugarplum Fairy sent from afar.

Dipped in golden sugar

from my wife’s sugar jar.

I named you Sugarplum

on that Christmas Eve night.

Wishes you’ll grant

when the Star shines bright.

And that is how you came to be

my little Sugarplum.

You’re the sweetest fairy in Christmas Town,

my little Yum Yum."

 

Santa tickled Sugarplums on her tummy at the end of his tale. She giggled as Santa sang each musical Yum Yum. "Ho Ho Ho," he laughed, his belly shaking like Jello in a bowl, bouncing Lyndsey and Sugarplum with each Ho Ho Ho.

 

"Santa, is that why the cookies are in the shape of kitty-cats with wings?"

"Of course dear. Sugarplum is a sugarplum fairy. Show her Sugarplum."

 

Sugarplum took off her fur coat and Lyndsey couldn’t believe her eyes. That kitty-cat had wings just like the cookies. Sugarplum flew all around the room. "I will grant you one wish, but only I will know what that wish will be. You will find it under your tree on Christmas morning."

 

"Speaking of Christmas morning! Santa explaimed. I had better get to the sleigh. Come Lyndsey, it’s time to go home." Lyndsey sat on the seat beside Santa. Santa laughed a jolly Ho Ho Ho and called out to each reindeer by name.

"Lead on Rudolph! On Dasher! On Dancer! On Prancer and Vixon! On Comet! On Cupid! On Donner and Blixen!" The next thing Lyndsey knew she was flying across the sky and when she looked up; she saw the Christmas Star, shinning bright in the sky. Her heart made a wish, but only Sugarplum knew her secret wish from her heart. Not even Lyndsey knew that her heart spoke silently to Sugarplum on that Christmas Eve Night.

Lyndsey opened her eyes. She rubbed them and looked around. She was back in her bedroom. She had the most marvelous dream. She looked at the little tree she and Michael had decorated all by themselves. There were two presents under her little tree. Lyndsey read the tags on each. They both said, To Lyndsey. She opened the first one and there was a little kitty-cat coat, just like the one Sugarplum was wearing in her dream. She was quite confused, by this time. She opened the second present and out jumped a little black kitten with four white paws and on her head was a perfectly shaped star. Had it all been a dream? Now she wondered, maybe she had really been to Christmas Town and Sugarplum granted her secret wish. She looked at her toy shelf and center stage was Baby Alive, holding a bottle in her hand and had a pacifier in her mouth. Suddenly that star on the kitty-cats head sparkled in the sun, shinning through her bedroom window.

 

"Sugarplum has given me many Christmas Kitty-Cat Days. Thank you Sugarplum! Where ever you are!" Lyndsey looked down at the little black and white kitty-cat. She giggled and said. "I will name you my little Yum Yum."

 

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

Christmas Kitty-Cat Days

 

By

Lyndsey Elane

 

One morning Santa Claus came down the chimney and he got out all the presents. He had to look at the Lists. First, he looked at the Nice List. He saw Lyndsey’s name at the very top. She wanted the most wonderful jewelry box with real make-up in it. Santa Claus went into her room and sat beside her bed. In the morning she saw all of her presents under her little tree that she decorated all by herself just for her own room. She opened one of her presents and guess what was inside. It was a little kitty cat with the prettiest pink nose and the prettiest white paws. The prettiest kitty cat in the whole wide world. Lyndsey knew that it was a special Christmas kitty cat because it had a perfect star on top of it head. Lyndsey opened up another present and inside was a kitty-coat and some kitty-boots for her new kitty cat because it was a girly kitty cat from the North Pole.

THE END

© 2012 Nancy Lee Shrader


Author's Note

Nancy Lee Shrader
My five-year-old granddaughter, Lyndsey is my co-author for this story. She wrote a little story, giving me the idea for this piece. Lyndsey came up with the storyline out of her vivid imagination. The filler is mine. At the end of this piece, you will see the actual story, written by my granddaughter, just as she told me the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

威哥王:http://www.威哥王通�™�.com/
RU486:http://www.中絶薬.com/
巨人倍増:http://www.巨人倍増.net/
花痴:http://www.花痴.net/
D10催情剤:http://d10媚薬.xxkanpo.com/
紅蜘蛛:http://www.紅蜘蛛通�™�.net/
淫インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/
インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/
妖姫:http://www.妖姫.net/
妖姫:http://www.妖姫.com/

RU486:http://www.中絶薬.com/
中絶薬:http://www.中絶薬.com/
d10媚薬:http://d10媚薬.xxkanpo.com/
D10催情剤:http://d10媚薬.xxkanpo.com/
媚薬:http://www.女性用媚薬.com/
花痴:http://花痴.happykanpo.com
�™美:http://www.�™美通�™�.com
三便宝:http://www.三便宝.net/
巨人倍増:http://www.巨人倍増.net/
紅蜘蛛:http://www.紅蜘蛛通�™�.net/
威哥王:http://www.威哥王通�™�.com/

淫インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/
インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/
淫インモラル �™��™:http://www.immoralsale.com/
インモラル �™��™:http://www.immoralsale.com/
媚薬 淫インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/
媚薬 インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/

妖姫:http://www.妖姫.com/
よう�™:http://www.妖姫.com/
媚薬 妖姫:http://www.妖姫.com/
よう�™:http://www.妖姫.net/
媚薬 妖姫:http://www.妖姫.net/
妖姫:http://www.妖姫.net/

紅蜘蛛:http://www.紅蜘蛛通�™�.com/
紅蜘蛛:http://www.紅蜘蛛通�™�.net/
威哥王:http://www.威哥王通�™�.net/
三便宝:http://www.三便宝.com/
三便宝:http://www.三便宝.net/
狼一号:http://www.狼一号.com/
狼1号:http://www.狼一号.com/
イカオウ:http://www.威哥王通�™�.com/
ウェイカワン:http://www.威哥王通�™�.com/
イカオウ:http://www.威哥王通�™�.net/
ウェイカワン:http://www.威哥王通�™�.net/

妖姫 媚薬:http://www.妖姫.com/
妖姫 �™��™:http://www.妖姫.com/
妖姫 通�™�:http://www.妖姫.com/
妖姫 効果:http://www.妖姫.com/
妖姫 媚薬:http://www.妖姫.net/
妖姫 �™��™:http://www.妖姫.net/
妖姫 通�™�:http://www.妖姫.net/
妖姫 効果:http://www.妖姫.net/

RU486中絶薬:http://www.中絶薬.com/
中絶薬 通�™�:http://www.中絶薬.com/
ru486 通�™�:http://www.中絶薬.com/
中絶薬RU486:http://www.中絶薬.com/
RU486激安:http://www.中絶薬.com/
堕胎薬:http://www.中絶薬.com/

威哥王:http://www.威哥王通�™�.com/
威哥王:http://www.威哥王通�™�.net/
紅蜘蛛:http://www.紅蜘蛛通�™�.net/
紅蜘蛛:http://www.紅蜘蛛通�™�.com/
妖姫:http://www.妖姫.net/
妖姫:http://www.妖姫.com/
三便宝:http://www.三便宝.com/
三便宝:http://www.三便宝.net/
花痴:http://花痴.happykanpo.com
花痴:http://www.花痴.net/
中絶薬:http://www.中絶薬.com/
RU486:http://www.中絶薬.com/
淫インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/
インモラル:http://www.immoralsale.com/
狼一号:http://www.狼一号.com/
狼1号:http://www.狼一号.com/
d10催情剤:http://d10媚薬.xxkanpo.com/
d10媚薬:http://d10媚薬.xxkanpo.com/
媚薬:http://www.女性用媚薬.com/
巨人倍増:http://www.巨人倍増.net/
�™美:http://www.�™美通�™�.com

Posted 10 Years Ago


Love this ! It has the Christmas spirit and explains the meaning behind the name.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Aw shes five? so is my niece she is pain in the butt :) but she is really smart you granddaughter is to she has a very vivid imagination!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thank you for submitting this to my contest! Sorry it took so long for me to get around to reading it! :)

Absolutely adorable! I just loved the story. What a creative granddaughter you have!

v.r.
a-sea-person

Posted 15 Years Ago


Font is too large, and could use some minor proof reading. Cute story

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5509 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2008
Last Updated on October 18, 2012

Author

Nancy Lee Shrader
Nancy Lee Shrader

Beckley, WV



About
Nancy Lee Shrader resides in Beckley, West Virginia. She is author of three books IS IT NOW? The End of Days! IS HE MESSIAH? Messianic Prophecies Revealed! And The Curse of Mayweather House Nancy Lee .. more..

Writing