God's Eye

God's Eye

A Poem by Nancy Lee Shrader

The Eye of God

 

Sun, moon and stars, an open invitation

To view the vastness of God’s universe

Planets bask in the warmth of the sun

While the moon showers them with moonbeams

 

Saturn’s rings a reflection of God’s love for mankind

Rippling outwardly, reflecting the eyes with wonder

Expanding the mind with questions unanswered

Wrapping the whole being with desires for answers

 

Stars glow on darkest night and shoot through the sky

Leaving trails of steaming light in their wake

Allowing the mind to dream wishful dreams

And hearts to burst with happiness

 

Did God place these wonders for the pleasures of man?

Even though each performs a unique function

God’s way of expanding the minds of His creations

Bringing about knowledge of God’s Almighty power

 

Gaze into the heavens, longing to see though God’s eye

Found there within the astronomy wonders

Placed perfectly, each one in set in its place

God’s eye is seen in these wonders in space

 

God’s Eye

© 2009 Nancy Lee Shrader


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

- Wonder full!
"� longing to see though God's eye/ Found there within the astrology wonders//Placed perfectly, each one in set in its place/ God's eye is seen in these wonders in space"
- You know I "translate" the notions of god by" universe" and I think that it has created us so it can see itself! So, it will be seen by us � we are the ones who can sing it, paint it, write about it, study it� May be if it wasn't for us, it wouldn't be "conscious" of its existence!
- So we, the THINKERS are very, very important, for our universe! :)



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dear Nancy,

This was a mavelous poem of wonderment. Greatly enjoyed. I have only one minor suggestion. I would change the word "astrology" to "astronomy" or something equivalent. "Astrology" is more of what I would call a superstitious system of beliefs and there is nothing superstitious about the God's Eye picture that starts your poem. It is an actual photograph. So unless there are other reasons why you selected "astrology" and prefer this word, I would change this.

Very best regards,

Rick

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was beatiful and loving. This poem I liked to read while listening to Chopin, Piano Nocturne - song. I hope you like it, too. It is underlying the perfection of your God's universe. God about all this is the self-envolving intelligence, which is within everything... that is for me, the most amazing thing. Beautiful work. /(unfortunately, I wasn't able to post here as a reviewer).



(first at all, forgive me to come so late to read this and thank you so much for entering my contest. I am not at home since 2,5 weeks. So I am communicating with an old blackberry, my data transfer is restricted I already produced a fat bill... now I am on a laptop now for few hours, so I read you).

Posted 15 Years Ago


- Wonder full!
"� longing to see though God's eye/ Found there within the astrology wonders//Placed perfectly, each one in set in its place/ God's eye is seen in these wonders in space"
- You know I "translate" the notions of god by" universe" and I think that it has created us so it can see itself! So, it will be seen by us � we are the ones who can sing it, paint it, write about it, study it� May be if it wasn't for us, it wouldn't be "conscious" of its existence!
- So we, the THINKERS are very, very important, for our universe! :)



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2009
Last Updated on March 12, 2009

Author

Nancy Lee Shrader
Nancy Lee Shrader

Beckley, WV



About
Nancy Lee Shrader resides in Beckley, West Virginia. She is author of three books IS IT NOW? The End of Days! IS HE MESSIAH? Messianic Prophecies Revealed! And The Curse of Mayweather House Nancy Lee .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..