~Today~

~Today~

A Story by Alexis

Some days I sit alone in my room. Thinking about all the things I have lost in the past. But  I have made the mistake of looking backwards instead of forwards. The world only has so many days planned for you while you're here. So why waste them by looking back. I admit it,  I grieve a lot, and I don't mean to. But there are those days where you can't help but to think about the loses you have, when you can't help but to cry. For me, crying relives everything that I've held onto. And makes it go away, at least for a little while. Especially on days when you lose a family member or pet. Those always seem to be the worst for me. Once a year when you get to cry with your family, together, thinking about all the wonderful moments. The past.
I remember when I was a little kid and i used to think that the world was ending when i got my things taken away as punishment. I now recall, that it is much worse when you are older. As punishments get greater in matter, so do the things you lose. It's not all bad things that get lost. Some are gone for the better causes. Like donating. But I can admit, most are gone for the worse.
I cried for years thinking about the lose of my first dog, Chase. And it's been a month since my cat Charlie got put down and I still cry thinking of him. But crying gets you no where. Grieving gets you no where. I realize, I've been looking at the past this whole time when I could have been looking farther into my future. After all "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that is why they call it the present"  Alice Morse Earle 

So Don't stay in the past, look into the present, otherwise, you might  end up running into a tree. 

                                                                                                                                           ~AJ~

© 2014 Alexis


Author's Note

Alexis
the last sentence is mine that i created and i hope you get what it means, So I hope i don't have to explain it to you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on March 14, 2014
Last Updated on March 14, 2014
Tags: love and lose

Author

Alexis
Alexis

Khartoum , Khartoum , Sudan



About
Hi I'm Hfia and as it obvious I'm an Arab so I don't know much of English . I write poetry in English but it is not that good and I'm trying to improve it so please... umm leave a nice comment more..

Writing
Fallen Boy Fallen Boy

A Poem by Alexis