Daddy's Letter

Daddy's Letter

A Story by Kallie
"

Fanfiction featuring Mason Musso from Metro Station.

"

 

In the middle of Richmond, Virginia, was a fairly large cemetery. At least 75 percent of the state's population had their loved ones buried here. The other 25 percent was either buried in Arlington Cemetery in Washington D.C. or other parts of the United States.
 
There were frequent visitors at the cemetery. Either family visiting a grandparent, a widow visiting her late husband, or a mother visiting her child. It was a sad place to be, but cemeteries were never known to be the happiest places in the world.
 
Today, however, only two people visited the cemetery. A car pulled into the cemetery and drove around on the small road that went through the cemetery. The car finally stopped towards the back of the cemetery and the ignition cut off. A couple stepped out of the car, both looking only in their mid-twenties. They stepped into the grass and walked a few yards away from the road towards two tombstones.
 
The woman gripped onto the man's hand softly, but securely. A few tears fell down her face, but she promised herself to not get worked up. She dug her free hand into her pocket and grabbed what looked as a piece of folded paper. It was thick, crumpled, and stained with tears.
 
The woman parted from the man and crept forward. She stopped when she stood in the middle of the two tombstones. She glanced at the names on both and more tears flooded down her face. A year has passed since the accident, and it still hit her harder than ever to read the tombstones.
 
She knelt down to the ground where a spot was already lightly dug up. A sign stood from the ground directly above it stating 'Do Not Touch'. The woman smiled at the sign and re-dug the small hole. She knew what the purpose was for the hole and for the sign. After a small pile of dirt formed beside her, she saw a few pieces of crumpled paper already in the hole. She grabbed her note and placed a small kiss onto it, and placed it into the ground. She replaced the dirt into the hole and lifted her body off the ground, dusting her legs and hands off. She wiped away any tears that she still had on her cheeks and walked towards the man. Their hands interlocked once more as they headed towards the car. The engine ignited and they drove off.
 
Dear Daddy and Sandra,
 
I can't believe it's been a year since the car accident. It's been hard this year. I haven't yet grasped the concept y'all are never returning, even if I saw the whole thing happen right before my eyes. It was a horrible tragedy. It's still hard to believe that mom and Roger would try to kill y'all.
 
Finally, a year after the accident, they were finally convicted of murder. They were sentenced to eighty-seven years of prison, but they might be moved to Texas and sentenced to the death penalty. Whatever the sentence will finally end up being, I'm glad they're finally convicted. I had to testify at court the other for the case. The daggers I was receiving from mom and Roger both were horrible. They weren't expecting me to testify, but after this, there was no doubt I was going to.
 
It's sad what y'all have missed this year. It was weddings and deaths galore.
 
A joke, of course.
 
Sandra, you're daughter finally decided to go to California to be legally married to Joann. Tammy and Joann both looked beautiful. I enclosed a picture for you, but I know you saw the whole thing in Heaven.
 
Amanda finally got married, and no, not to Frank. Surprisingly, she met Miles at the funeral a year ago and they instantly hooked up. They were wed on June 18, on daddy's birthday. They're on their honeymoon right now in Rome.
 
Schylar is actually in London right now, in law school. I know, nothing we were ever expecting, but after she started watching tons of Law and Order and saw the case against mom and Roger, she decided that they're needed to be better lawyers in this world. She has a 4.0 right now, and is expected to graduate December, at least three years before expected.
 
As for me I finished college in late May and received my Master’s degree in Digital Arts. I am currently working with five bands, designing album covers for them and designing their websites. I love the job completely, and it's always fun to party with the bands (I kid, of course.) I was also married, too, but to that later in the letter.
 
Aunt Jean, Aunt Billy, Aunt Ellen, and Aunt Rusty all passed away. Jean was laid in the mausoleum with Cliff. Billy and Ellen were laid next to their husbands, and, after about a month of court, Schylar being the lawyer of course, Rusty was laid next to Uncle Van in Arlington Cemetery, even though she didn't serve in the wars.
 
Which brings me to speak of the promises, Daddy. (Yes, I remembered them.)
 
I told you the night you finally woke from your coma that Sandra didn't make it. It was hard to watch you cry, and then examine your own injuries. The man that was once strong; invincible in my book, was lying on a hospital bed, bent and broken.
 
After the doctor came in and told us the overall diagnosis for you, you told the doctor and I to leave, and to send in Bubba. You talked to him, then Amanda, then Schylar, then me.
 
I walked into the room and you're eyes were closed, which scared me. When you finally spoke, I was slightly relieved. Only slightly. I was scared of what you would say to me; afraid it was something horrible. You were always intimidating like that. You could be a teddy bear, and then at times you could be a hot tamale.
 
I remembered sitting in the chair right next to your hospital bed. The first thing you said to me was something I wasn't ready to hear. I wasn't ready to hear that the man I trusted, looked up to, and admired was dying so fast. The color in your face was completely drained, and it was obvious that you barely had enough strength to speak, but you were always tough.
 
You told me you felt as if you didn't have long to live, and needed to get it out there quickly.
 
You said you had four promises that you wanted me to fulfill. The main reason I am writing this letter is to tell you the outcome of the promises.
 
The first promise was simple. It was to make sure that when either me, Amanda, or Schylar got married, to make sure Bubba walked us down the aisle. It was hard to imagine you never walking me down the aisle, but I nodded and mentally took notes.
 
For Amanda's wedding, not only did Bubba walk her down the aisle, but I did also. She said that she wanted this to be a day she can simply laugh at, and that was the one thing she could laugh at. Since both our family and Miles' family originate from Ireland, Miles, his best men, Bubba and I wore kilts and the rest of the outfits. Alvin even came to the wedding in his marriage kilt. You and Sandra both were mentioned countless times, and had a moment of silence for you.
 
So that is one promise that was fulfilled.
 
The second promise was something out of my control, but I promised I would do anything to make sure it was fulfilled. It was to make sure Amanda was wed, but that story has already been said.
 
So there is promise two fulfilled.
 
The third was also out of my control, but, like the second promise, I said I would promise to do anything to make sure it was fulfilled. You asked me to make sure Schylar found someone to take care of her and to eventually marry.
 
During law school, she was walking around the Harvard campus and fell, twisting her ankle. Her knight and shining armor showed up and took her to the closest hospital. Since then, her and Chris have been inseparable. They're actually on a cruise right now, a gift from Chris to Schylar, congratulating her being able to graduate next year. He called me, Amanda, and Bubba to meet him at a restaurant and asked if he could take Schylar's hand in marriage. Any day now, I will be getting a call saying Schylar is engaged.
 
So your third promise is fulfilled.
 
Your fourth and final promise was something so hard for me. Not because I didn't want to, more because of what exactly you were asking. You told me to find someone to make me happy, but you're eyes screamed 'Marry Mason'. I knew that Mason was the only guy you approved of for me, but after he left for tour and never called me, it was hard.
 
But, I'm your blood, which means I'm stubborn. After the funeral, I gathered all the strength I had and flew out to Oklahoma. Metro Station, Mason's band, was supposed to be playing in Oklahoma City the next day, so I decided to visit him. I was psyching myself out to see girls on top of him and him being a typical 'rock star'. But instead, it was him, just him. No girls, no rock star ego, just him. We both talked from ten o'clock till ten the next morning about everything; about you, about me and him, everything.
 
We both realized that we needed each other more than anything. He has helped me through coping with you and Sandra's passing, and has helped me through court cases and everyday things. He has helped me out so much, and it's all thanks to you. You gave me the strength to talk to him I could never thank you.
 
So yes, Mason is the man I married. I am now Kallie Alyssa Buchanan Musso. It took so long to get used to the extra name, but after a few months, I finally got used to it.
 
Like I told you that night a year ago, I would make sure the promises would be fulfilled in any way possible. It took a year, but they were fulfilled, nonetheless.
 
Writing this letter has made me realize that y'all aren't coming back, but I have finally learned to cope with it and so have Amanda and Schylar. I am a happy person, married to the most amazing man, and now a son on the way. It's all like an adrenaline rush.
 
 
Daddy, you have raised three daughters who have become successful, and happy, and we thank you for everything. You have sculpted us in the way we needed to get this far in life, and I thank you for everything you have ever done for me.
 
Sandra, make sure you keep an eye on Daddy. That man will find a way to get into trouble, even if he’s in Heaven. I thank you, also, for everything you've done.
 
I love you both deary, and you both are missed.
 
Love,
 
Kallie, and your soon-to-be-grandson Calvin JR.

© 2009 Kallie


Author's Note

Kallie
My favorite one shot ever.
Opinions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on June 27, 2009

Author

Kallie
Kallie

PA



About
My name is Kallie. I'm seventeen. I write fanfictions, mainly featuring Avenged Sevenfold. more..

Writing
California California

A Story by Kallie