Laugh

Laugh

A Story by Sean Augy
"

A crazy man and his favorite wall.

"

The man was laughing. Cackling maddly. People stop to see what is so funny, they see only a brick wall. But they didn't see what the man saw, oh no. On the wall, the man saw a face. No, not 'a' face, thousands of faces. All of them were laughing. If he tried to ask the faces what they were laughing at, they would reply the only way they could, by laughing. The faces laughed day and night, night and day. But one afternoon, when the man came to watch the laughing faces, they looked mad. They weren't laughing at all, they were yelling and jeering. Why, nowthey were making fun of the man. He demanded them to stop, but they kept on jeering, yelling, and laughing at him. So the man did what anyone else in his situation would; he stood up, walked over to the wall of faces, and smashing at them with his head. Smash, smash, smash, SMASH!!! The man fell, and in his last moment of consciousness and of life, he heard something spectacular but somewhat humiliating. The faces stopped yelling and laughing. The faces had begun to sing to him. They sang 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' by Procol Harum to the dying man.

And then, there was nothing.

The End

© 2008 Sean Augy


Author's Note

Sean Augy
A dark humored story, indeed. =P

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

In the third sentence I'd probably add a 'but' after the comma, or swap the comma for a full stop. But this is great! I love the faces in the wall image. It reminds me of my own type of writing, (not sure if that's exactly a compliment) except better (that IS a compliment).

The ending was perfect.
Let's all sing together.

Posted 15 Years Ago


How completely bizarre! I could not begin to imagine what inspired you to do this as it must have been a bad LSD trip lol the whole 'faces on a wall' theme is incredibly creepy though. You have a vivid imagination indeed. Well done!

GBG

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2008

Author

Sean Augy
Sean Augy

Peabody, MA



About
Hey, I'm Sean. I'm 15. I have an odd obsession with insanity. I write in a very unique style. My influences are E.A.Poe, Philip K. Dick, Sylvia Plath, Jason Myers, Franz Kafka, Darren Shan, my close f.. more..

Writing
The Phrase The Phrase

A Story by Sean Augy


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Sean Augy