Six Months and Seven Days

Six Months and Seven Days

A Story by effy
"

Before him, Megara is happy, confident even. But then she sees her sister sleeping with her boyfriend. That's when she meets Luce... After him, her life is never the same.

"

“What do you mean a deal?” her voice was soft with caution. He stood against the pillar of the building, shoulders held back with confidence she could not understand. His black hair hung in front of ice blue eyes that seemed to see into her soul. His skin was sickly pale but yet he didn’t look sickly enough to make her want to run away. He was offering to help her. This was all that she could ask for at this point. “I mean,” he said his voice strong yet soft like hers, “a deal that could very well bring you back your man,” he whispered, stepping closer to her. He placed a slender hand upon her cheek, sweeping her brown curls away from her brown eyes. “Help me,” she whispered, tears stinging her eyes. A sly smirk crossed his handsome face as he leaned into her, lips brushing only for a moment. “As you wish.”

If you had met Megara DeCor six months and seven days ago, you would have seen a happy girl. There was nothing that could bring her down. Her head was always held high and her brown eyes were tinted with violet. Not that much has changed. Megara has always been a confident girl with a bit of an attitude problem. She was a bit of a b***h but that was only part of her apparent charm. Then came the day when everything changed for her.

Walking through the hallway to her room, Meg stopped short in her tracks. A noise coming from her sister’s room disturbing her mission. She blinked a few times, confused as to what the noise could be. As she continued to walk, Meg stopped at the door, pausing and leaning in to get a better listen. Hitting her head on the door, she toppled into the room. Her heart skipped a beat, stomach sinking and bile rising in her throat as she locked eyes with her fiancé. “Hayden…,” she whispered her voice weak as tears streamed down her cheeks. This was the second time her sister had stolen someone precious to her. Rage filled her body as she stood. Normally warm eyes growing cold with hatred. “Get out,” she growled. They seemed confused. But Meg was in no mood to waste her time telling them to get out of her house. Turning on her heel, she stormed out the front door, turned right on the corner of her street and broke into a sprint towards an old abandoned building that used to be home to homeless animals. Without further hesitation, Megara leaned forward, hands on her thighs for balance, then wretched. Expelling every last content of her stomach. Wiping her mouth free of the remains of her vomit, Meg looped her curls behind her ears. Then…there came a dark voice from the shadows. “Running from something?”

That was the day that she met him. Lucifer or Luce was her saving grace. He came at just the right moment in time to save her from herself. He was sexy in the dark, brooding stranger kind of way and he promised that her life would turn around. He took care of her. He hated to see her upset. But that was six months and seven days ago. As their relationship grew stronger and she continued to do as he said, Luce’s anger problem became worse and worse. He would lash out and strike her. Beat her even. He was a drug lord with a nasty tendency for violence if things didn’t go his way. But he was the only way that Megara could get Hayden back. Even if now it was only to return the favor he had bestowed upon her.

© 2012 effy


Author's Note

effy
I know this isn't the best but please keep in mind that this was written on short notice and with not many ideas in hand. Plus, it's for a contest and not intended to be a book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on November 30, 2012
Last Updated on November 30, 2012
Tags: hercules, short story, contest entry

Author

effy
effy

Sedro-Wolley, WA



About
My name's Effy and I tend to write a lot of fanfiction but my best friend and I are currently writing a book together so I hope it goes well. I'm currently in the process of publishing my own book as .. more..

Writing
one. one.

A Chapter by effy


Odd Man Out Odd Man Out

A Book by effy


Okay Okay

A Story by effy