Bamboo Forest

Bamboo Forest

A Poem by Veronica Chandler
"

Inspired by a visit to a magical place, and the memories it indelibly etched onto my spirit, also by a Nahko Bear and Medicine for the people lyric, "If we're all one they why are we so divided?"

"

Bamboo Forest

 

Enfolded by the bed of wooly thyme I rest my body upon, comfortably supported, I’m reassured by the thyme’s pungent scent permeating the visions inside me.

 

My gaze rests above this mystical place, drinking in vibrancy from the nebulous cloudy mist spirits overhead. They speak songs of unity, acceptance and peace into my being.

 

All the wisdom from all the ages satiates every cell in this body, by osmosis I am consumed in an understanding of a ~Lakota Elder Lesson…~ “We are all indigenous to this earth.”

 

A peace washes over me in waves, as the creamy clouds caress aqua, cerulean and vivid sky blue heavens.  Wooly thyme imparts all the ancestor’s hope and faith in the sweetness which is the truth at the core of all life.

 

The bamboo forest which encircles this garden sanctuary dances together, clanking out hypnotic rhythms of Gaia’s heartbeat.  Haunting tempos ground me with a love, light and faith that one day all humanity will awaken.

 

Dragonfly wings glisten with their crystalline rainbow colors, pointing to the ever moving stillness in the pond. The wings reflect the skies offerings of an ever evolving nature at the core of the human spirit, I breathe in the joy.

 

Bonsai versions of the greatness inherent within us; we are unimaginable beauty as we are, pruned by mans inhumanity to man and life. We are, in potential giant diverse jungles of incredible strength and resilience. Cohabitating with grace and dignity is our destiny.

 

Drunk on the perfumes of wisteria, lavender, thyme and lilies, hypnotized by humming bird whirs and bumblebee hums my breath falls into sync with the bamboo forest dancing.  Water flowing over boulders falling into undulating pools of the divine, my spirit is renewed.

 

© 2015 Veronica Chandler


Author's Note

Veronica Chandler
Thank you for your time fellow travelers.... And thank you to "Earth Porn" for the use of the pictures.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a beautiful write and a beautiful back drop

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Veronica Chandler

9 Years Ago

Thank you ever so much wordman; It was a beautiful moment captured by pen spilled onto page.
 wordman

9 Years Ago

you are welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 5, 2015
Last Updated on April 5, 2015

Author

Veronica Chandler
Veronica Chandler

Denver, CO



About
I am forced to turn the Read Requests back off; I am receiving far more per day than I can manage. I brought the numbers down to the low 700's but over the last couple of weeks they have begun to cre.. more..

Writing