Kind of Like a Funny Story

Kind of Like a Funny Story

A Story by Olisa
"

Short story. An experience on a commute back from work..

"
This is a funny story. You'd laugh in due time. You could start laughing now, but you'd waste it; so be calm, relax...give it some time.

It all starts in a bus. I'm standing. I've been standing for an hour now. Well, not exactly one hour; it's more like two hours twenty-seven minutes, and some seconds.

I just had an interview. It went well and I hope I get the job. I'm ruminating over my lines in the interview. Hmmm, I tell pretty cool lies.

Standing beside me is a girl. She's been standing for exactly twenty-nine minutes thirty-seven seconds. I've been counting. I've always loved girls. They sure do know how to make you love them. She's standing beside me and she's wearing a very short dress. I'm standing beside her and there's only one thing on my mind. She smiles at me, I smile too. We smile at each other. The bus trudges on.

Now, I'm a shy person, I'm always lost for words. I can't tell why or how, but the words always elude me. I'm ecstatic; inwardly that is. Here's a really fine girl standing right next to me and she'd smiled at me. I can only smile back. No words. I can't say hello, my mind tells me I'm better than that. I've got to come up with the right words. I say to myself. That's it; the right words, in the right phrase should do the trick. Well, I don't have the right words. I have no word.

I reach for my phone. At this point, I think you should know I use a really cool phone. Probably the coolest phone, in the world. It's the new phone from HTC. It works. She looks up. She likes my phone. I'm more excited. I open my messages application. I begin to type: "You'd have to be serious, man. I can't believe you'd let Paul walk away with all that money. We worked bloody hard for it!". 

I type in the receivers number: "0803839434"; my number. I hit the send button. My phone beeps; twice. The second beep a delivery notification from my network provider. The first being what it should be. 

She brings out her phone. Well, hers is a nice phone. Mine's better, definitely better.  
Looks like her phone is "on silent". She takes two consecutive calls. Her phone rings in-between the second call. I'm curious. This call ends abruptly and a third call begins. With all three calls now taken, she begins to type. She writes: "My skirt seems to be 2short, right?". She types in the receivers number, then hits the send button. My phone beeps. 

I can't bring my phone out. She'd see my unread messages. I'd be casted, I say to myself. I let it linger; I'd take it later. My phone rings. I look up. She seems to be making a call.  

Who could be calling me now? The call ends. My phone rings again. This time like it's screaming at me. She's still trying to place her call. Now, I need to take this call. I need to know who's calling..

© 2013 Olisa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol this was funny..... but was it her?

You have a great writing style - well done..



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Added on February 8, 2013
Last Updated on February 8, 2013
Tags: Funny, bus, girl

Author

Olisa
Olisa

Lagos, Nigeria



About
I tell funny stories. more..