Is This Love?

Is This Love?

A Story by Palak

In the moments when it wasn’t okay, watching the sun shine rays of liquid gold and the skies move lazily, the way you did after sleepless nights, woke me up from my haze just as much as the taste of coffee on your lips used to. Your fingers played with mine like the strings of a breaking guitar, yet you still managed to make such a beautiful song from something that could barely hold itself together. Was this love? Your converse shoes dangling off the edge of the bridge remind me that leading a life of careless mistakes was okay. The way you only walk along the curb and never on the tire-streaked streets remind me that not knowing what your next step will be was okay. I thought you were beautiful when you didn’t think you were and I thought you were beautiful when you were easily the brightest light in the room. The drops of cold rain on our faces slid down and melted away our worries the way the butter melted on your terribly made, greatly appreciated Sunday-morning pancakes. I heard the steady rattle of the train and watched the currents of the river follow your very steps while the birds flew red hearts above your head. Being near you was the same as sticking my finger in a plastic-covered socket. Incredibly stupid yet the repercussions were known. You are the greatest threat to my well-being and I wouldn’t have it any other way. You were the greatest thing that ever happened and I’m sorry you had to go away.
p.p.

© 2016 Palak


Author's Note

Palak
I was just feeling something and I wrote it down. Maybe some of you can relate.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on February 2, 2016
Last Updated on February 2, 2016
Tags: hearbreak, love, tragedy, world, breakups

Author