reliving the memories

reliving the memories

A Poem by Peter H
"

what if we could ?

"

What if we can relive a memory?

Like a video camera rewinding our two year old birthday parties.

What if we can relive our first love and correct mistakes exclusive to us?

Would we be perfect then?

In this way all misfortune could be avoided right ?


 

But what if misfortune was for the greater good

Why can’t we believe that theirs no meaningless

Misfortune. Everything happens for a reason

Our daily tragedies happen for a reason all

Leading up to an ideal conclusion

So is misfortune really meaningless?

 

So would reliving a memory be best

What if we spent all of our time in one memory?

What if we became memory addicts, addicted to only the good memories

Would bad memories even exist afterwards would balance even exist?

Would this power spell chaos  or utopia ?

 

© 2013 Peter H


Author's Note

Peter H
thoughts on the general idea would be nice

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

UTOPIA would be great...... think there's enough chaos.. :O)

You have given food for thought here in this provoking write

Nice job...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

thank you for the review
Perfect is boring...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

well it was aiming slightly toward that idea but the reason i wrote this is that we all have those i.. read more
Chris

10 Years Ago

But who is to say your resolution was the resolution someone else wanted - and if it wasn't, then th.. read more
Peter H

10 Years Ago

which is why i asked the question at the ending .
Scales of equilibrium,
I love it when some one covers the idea for the need of evil/bad in order to know pure/good, necessary yin & yang of life. this idea is very profound. You have some good mental imagery going on here, this was not your best writing to me but definitely a great idea and a good writing. I would suggest looking over it and seeing if you see any areas that feel a little forced or less than what you were shooting for. All in all a good piece though. Keep up the good work.
Sincerely
Christopher
90/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

thank you
Peter H

10 Years Ago

chris for the review :)
unsavable_soul

10 Years Ago

More than welcome, sorry for my delay.
Again great piece, so thank you.
Chris
Ah, what if? I think your point about "good memory addicts" is valid. Some people would never revisit the dark places. And while that might be nice, our best lessons are learned in those more difficult times. A very thoughtful, well-written poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

thank you very much for the review my friend :) .
we do relive our memories, over and over again. some of us dwell on the bad ones, others focus only on those favorable memories. to rewind and do it again? NO THANK YOU! but i love the thoughts you have provoked with this intelligent piece. well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

thank you , i'm happy you can empathize with my piece :)
quinfinn

10 Years Ago

my pleasure...i like the way you hold your pen.
The general idea is good; you make some salient points. If I could go back and change my life I would, no matter what it meant for the future.

In the second line of the second stanze "theirs" should be "there's".

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

thank you for the correction , i'll be sure to reconcile that error :)
I think we all would like to revisit the sweetest memory or time we ever had and relive it over and over. Maybe even stay there. If in death, our consciousness does in fact separate from the body maybe it will search for that loop in time, and stay there. There's this movie, was and is very popular with a core group of people here in America who till this day find a way to honor it every year, it's called Ground Hog Day, with Bill Murray. You should look for it, it's a comedy but it's very well made and deals with being stuck in the same day over and over, and what a man does to take advantage of it, and also how it can drive you crazy....



Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

I've heard of it , its a critically acclaimed master piece of a movie , atleast that's what the revi.. read more
Living through the, mostly unpleasant, repercussions of our human mistakes is a vital part of the soul's learning process.
A thoughtful and insightful piece of work, ph20.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

thank you very much Davis .
There is certainty in every reason and their is a reason for every uncertainty but misfortunes do certainly teach when we move away from the memory certainty. I'm certain that you write well and it is well with me if I remember the lessons I drew from you... I love pondering...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

yes that is the idea my friend lol . i like to think about things from many points of view thank you.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure... Me too...:)
There some memories, which I would love to have erased, but than I am left wondering, how this change, who I am, as a person. Once we start playing with our memories, we are sliding down a dangerous slope, which we selectively chose the history that we want to have. Ignoring the fact, reality is never pretty or forgiving of our mistakes. Until we can better understand ourselves, I will accept the messy nature of everyday life. For utopia is, death by another name. For we need mistakes to grow as a person and society.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Peter H

10 Years Ago

thank you for the review theresa long time no see :) .
therisa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome, Peter. I have been working on some personal issues that I needed to resolved.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

739 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 13, 2013
Last Updated on May 13, 2013

Author

Peter H
Peter H

georgetown, 4, Guyana



About
hey nice to meet you all . i'm peter i'm just a boy , i'm from guyana .i just wanted a place to share the profound part's of my thoughts more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..