Climbing The Ladder To Chaos

Climbing The Ladder To Chaos

A Story by pia

   On the 28th of June, 1914, the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, was a turning point in World history, as it lead to many years of inimical events, and repercussions we still face today.


   The assassination sparked riots and civil fights, and eventually igniting the fire for World War I. It was the first time, tanks, flame throwers and other modern weapons were used. The First World War united countries against countries; man, woman and child worked for the betterment of their nation. The war, however, did lead to over sixteen million casualties, along with the destruction of livestock, food and property. It created a storm of PTSD in civilians who lived to experience this devastation. Despite being known as the ‘War to end all Wars’, the very occurrence of WWI constructed a tremulous path towards prodigious World problems. The ‘Treaty of Versailles’ was one step up towards the problem.


   As the ‘Treaty of Versailles’ was released in Paris, 1919, it called for measures to be imposed on Germany. While many saw this as justice, Germany saw it as an unfair deal that they were tricked into signing. This very resentment in their hearts was to be manipulated and used by the Austrian born dictator, Adolf Hitler, who brought about the advent of racism, hate and mass violence. Another world war became inevitable on the night known as ‘Kristallnacht’; the night of broken glass. World War II was the rise of Nazism, an ideology that influenced many and victimized millions. The war resulted in over fifty million causalities and the destruction of major land marks and sites.


   The world witnessed two great wars, and many in between. It saw the fall of large empires, such as the Russians (1917), and the rise of many more. The world also saw ideologies spread like fire; Nazism and Fascism. While many learned from their mistakes, there were many who chose to further strengthen these archaic ideologies into the modern civilization.


   The rise of Neo-Nazism in today’s time has caused a divide between the people. Some fight for supremacy and control, others fight for equality and peace. Leaders, much influenced by Hitler’s dictatorship, abuse their powers and the sentiments of the public to climb the ladder to chaos. They feed off the neglected and breathe in the misery of the oppressed. Its inherent, that one individual is the sole cause for much larger effects. It takes one to bring about a domino effect, and one to influence many. Those with a stronger platform, can either guide the ones listening towards positivity, or guide the listeners to disaster. While we pray the World should never witness another tragic war, some leaders have already shepherded the listeners higher on the ladder to destruction.   

© 2017 pia


Author's Note

pia
here I refer to the acts of racism and violence in America under their leaders
acts of violence from both sides in Syria and other Middle Eastern countries, and the never ending and endless animosity between Pakistan and India.
There is no time for hate and pettiness. The world is walking towards its own doom if we continue to fight and destroy each other over skin colour, race and religion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Our soldiers dying and Pakistani militants jeering is no 'pointless animosity' from India. Everyday the newspapers and the newschannels pay tribute to soldiers being killed at the border from shell fire. It's heartbreaking to see children of my age crying over their parents' dead bodies who were killed just because of this pointless animosity.
India has tried time again to be on peaceful terms with Pakistan but this pointless animosity is only from one side. Given a chance to house a Pakistani in my house, I would. But I don't know many pakistanis who would even offer a glass of water to an Indian. It's not that every Pakistani is hostile towards Indians but I strongly feel that Pakistanis should not forget that they all were once hindustanis.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

i know you don't. i appreciate your analysis and i totally respect your opinions. You are right. he .. read more
KeeD

6 Years Ago

There is hostility and ignorance on both sides. When it comes to land and power, no nation will agre.. read more
pia

6 Years Ago

True words ^



Reviews

War is what the world was and is, today. Leaders think that they deserve much more than us. Surely not all of them do, but a great deal of them do. This very planet is so prone to inequality- cancel that, most of us are prone to inequality. We truly are taking a stroll down destruction. Powerful work! I hope the world changes for the good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much
The ladder of change does seem to be getting longer. There is so much division in our world today which is nothing new. However, the availability to here about it through more media sources and regular people (from the internet) seems to raise tensions more.

I read about WW2 so I like what you've written here. 60 million people is a lot of souls leaving the earth too soon.

Well done Pia.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much !!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
In builders speak " the world is a pretty fucked up place at present" That's what happens when to many men have to much power.



Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

You're right !!! Power should be used to enlighten and empower others for a good cause
You are right. I have study history all my life and I watch my world. We are at a stand-off. All people, all races and all religions must stand as one or fall together. History does repeat itself. Mad-men are running our world. Must be stopped. A worthwhile write my friend..
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much !!
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

You are welcome dear Pia.
Unfortunately the powers-that-be fear people uniting as one and toppling them in favour of populist governments, so they are willing to create and foment chaos in the form of sectarianism and tribalism and racism and lots of other 'isms'.
As long as they don't get hurt themselves though !!

Your write is universal and timeless yet timely Pia.


Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

you are so right
all extreme sides of ideologies are dangerous. moderation and unity is impor.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

The hot heads are so easy to rile up. I hope love and good sense wins through.
The world never learns, its all too true...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Indeed we are cattle to be manipulated by those with power and influence to the point we will rage against our neighbours. Catholic against protestant, Sunny against Shia, Buddhist against Rohingya. Such a sad state of affairs when most humans are loving and tolerant. A great piece to spark debate Pia.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

pia

6 Years Ago

wonderful analysis
thank you so much
Wherever we look, whatever direction, there is more than scuffles, there are out and out bloody wars and interminable arguing, weak leadership and - fear amongst the average being.

It's all very well writers talking about THE WORD.. but, tragically, books have been burned by their thousands in the past - just as people have. WHY?

Because Mankind forgets that HISTORY is every teacher that ever was WISE... and thus, seemingly, is to be IGNORED. What a blind and deaf world.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

History is something that teaches us a lot
Thank you so much for your review !!!
i guess this may be recognized as "concrete poetry" but for me it reads as a treatise on the history of violence .. in your note "..heinous acts..." is pretty strong language ... i am not sure it applies so broadly to racism in America today..and certainly not by our President ... so with respect i disagree...
for me violence, fear and greed (the dark side) fester in each human soul and place of emotion since the beginning ... i have no hope for a universal resolution to this challenge .. there will always be the "bully" ..the "thief" .. the "murderer", sadistic beasts prowling ... and so the need for one to protect .. it is sad :( i think your writing is sound (given the history is accurate) and well organized ... taking the "ladder of success" and showing it as something quite different is brilliant and filled with wisdom of the ancients ;)
it is distressing to see all these things happening world wide ..i do not know how people without Faith deal with it ... big cleansing breath right now...and wishing you peace and joy in your soul ..as the world burns :(((
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

I appreciate your review
Racism isn't just confined to America but to the whole world
.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

it is a blight on our humanity no doubt
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Vic
A succinct and important summary of recently historic events that still impact the entire world to this day. It is true that history is doomed to repeat itself if it is forgotten, and it is useful to be reminded of what has happened before as a commentary for what is happening today.

Posted 6 Years Ago


pia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your wonderful analysis vic
Appreciate it !!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1033 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 2, 2017
Last Updated on September 8, 2017

Author

pia
pia

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan



Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by pia


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by pia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..