Curled up, cold

Curled up, cold

A Story by N.Sevilla

Curled up on the cold wooden floor with the rain on the outside making soft dripping noises and the tree branch shadows showing through the wispy white curtains. Choking down words of love held back for so long. Instead, I look up and my glow in the dark stars and the shadow of the few measly objects in the empty echoy room. Light shines through the otherside of the door. I can see the tile floor of the kitchen. All in this I hold back loving words that rest on my chapped lips, bleeding from biting back my feelings for so long. I find this little consequence for what should happen if a single word were to be uttered. Instead I trace the wooden floor with gentle fingers. Too cold to be human. This isolated room. Walls bare except for sad attempts to make it whole. It echos. My beating heart echos. It's taped on pictures fall.

© 2011 N.Sevilla


Author's Note

N.Sevilla
I know it's really short, but it was written during the moment and the moment didn't last that long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like this. great details.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011

Author

N.Sevilla
N.Sevilla

CA



About
I've had this account for several years and I am finally coming back to my writing roots. It's been a joy to write again and look back on my poetry from 10 years ago and see the changes in my life. .. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by N.Sevilla