For I Am the Wind

For I Am the Wind

A Story by poetic-raven2012

For I Am the Wind
        
Strangling and screeching, I whip all those who have ever whipped me; then some more who simply got caught a little too close to the fire - and needed to be put out. I cry for the tears that spring to tiny eyes when the air is harsh and biting. I howl for those who cannot howl, for those with no voice, for those with more self control then I have.

            Beaten red cheeks, happy light laughter, I can be them all. Maybe you can be the person I will make happy; the person whose fluorescent smiles will be graced with a sunny breeze, the person whose tears will be carefully dried, the person whose skin will never be flushed and hot. If I can make you smile, then you could be the one I will smile down upon. You could be the person my gusts and whips simply graze - like a feather gently scraped across the skin by a loving, carefree hand. I could be the impossibly light touch that would cause your hair to stir against your neck, and make you smile to yourself.

Although this would only last as long as you let it - eventually, as with everyone else, you will decide that it’s just too dangerous to keep company with nature’s worst. But if you decide to go, I will have no choice but to let you go, for even someone as powerful as me has to respect the power of your frown, and the urge to turn it around.

            For anyone else, it is never a good decision to try to go against me, because even though on my own I am cool, fire is in my debt. Without me on scorching days, the fire would never spread beyond itself. Yes, the fire owes me, and I am mean enough to turn on a whim and demand my payback. No, it isn’t smart to get in the way of the fire, but never get in the way of the wind.

© 2010 poetic-raven2012


Author's Note

poetic-raven2012
This...I just LOVE this. Took about 1 hour total. Makes me happy:] I keep on editing it for my Creative Writing Class, and I'm pretty sure that at this point, my teacher is ready to marry it.
Reviews?
You know where they go^.^
|
V

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow you sound like you would be a great friend but not someone to make angry or play with!!! This was fierce.. you should let your friends know to where a windbreaker (lol.. that was just a joke).. full of emotional fury.. strength and passion. I loved your honesty in this.. great ventation of the power inside you.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I...love it (Shanks style)! I love they whole descripton metaphor thing go got going on here...it cool lol.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow you sound like you would be a great friend but not someone to make angry or play with!!! This was fierce.. you should let your friends know to where a windbreaker (lol.. that was just a joke).. full of emotional fury.. strength and passion. I loved your honesty in this.. great ventation of the power inside you.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2010
Last Updated on January 17, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

poetic-raven2012
poetic-raven2012

Baltimore, MD



About
Hiya. I'm Jenn, I'm fifteen. I have the five most amazing best friends in the world. ♥ I spend as much time as possible with them as possible. I hate being home; my mom and I constantly fight. .. more..

Writing
dd dd

A Poem by poetic-raven2012



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Down Down

A Poem by Craig