Mateos blur 1

Mateos blur 1

A Story by Ella Paradise
"

chronicles from the pages of my diary

"

A woman only rans when she knows she will be chased. A statement that sounds smug but has the stench of truth all over it.

This particular night with a clique of buddies we hit mateos like roaches in an abandoned building. That night was a chaotic blur.

My friends got into a fight over a touch or was it a ' physical pass' , beats me. The call we awaited to settle us with a constant supply of ' fuel'ended as just that a conversation.

The recepient had been informed of the number of clique and realising his cover policy was limited only made himself available on phone.

But the chase started when we decided to leave mateos. The bouncer pronounced himself our table finder and proceeded to do so.

I didn't even have my red high heels on so why was he acting like a fly attracted to a lamp?

oh yah... someone was chasing.

The man they pointed at had my mother's nightmare written all over him. He was tall ( such a blessing), ebony and wore a gold chain- wait a gold chain.

That was sudanesse written all over him.

My mind came to a screeching halt. This is the part where i would fall at my mother's feet, arm raised tears flowing pleading for another prince without evidence of gold.

No thats not what happened. I instead turned to the bouncer who was trying to convince me how good his friend is and asked him, " So how long have you known this friend?'

Giggling and proceeding to carrya table for our clique to sit, who by the way sat gladly, i flee.

Flee i did, but not to the exit, no my feet found their way to the mateos ladies room. Who would have thought.

P. Ayaso

© 2013 Ella Paradise


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Ella Paradise
Hit me

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on January 29, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2013

Author

Ella Paradise
Ella Paradise

kampala, Uganda



About
I write and i write. About me, you, him, her and sometimes about it. This African gal believes she's simply ageless just like a cover girl. Her system of thought is that of a free thinker. Her visi.. more..

Writing
Shhh! Shhh!

A Poem by Ella Paradise