first day of school

first day of school

A Story by LynLee
"

'I know he's still out there. Whether the cops know it or not. He's watching and waiting to get me."

"

It's been two months, three weeks and two days. I've had over forty different counseling sessions, but none seemed to work. I could never sleep at night. I would only wake back up from a terrible nightmare. Scenes of when I found him when flash back and forth in my mind. It felt as if the killer was still watching me, his eyes were scanning me. I still had a lot of friends. They said they will never leave my side until I get better. I always wondered, "What will happen when I do get better? Will they just leave me?" but then I would think," I'm never going to get better." Most of them would invite me to sleep-overs and parties, but I was always to scared to go. I would think I'd put everyone in danger. That if I went the killer would follow me and destroy anything in his way to get to me. I still don't understand why he let me live. Before the cops came he was about to, but he had so many chances before that. That is why i am so scared. He was going to kill me, but I was saved, but he is still out there.

 

Tomorrow school is starting. I wasn't so happy about that. I don't know how I'm going to survive senior year without Jake. I was still scared to go anywhere. I know that Jake's spirit is with me everywhere, but that doesn't mean he can save me from anything. I could hear my mom walking up the stairs and to my bedroom, "Have you picked out your clothes for tomorrow? It's your last year here. Then you'll be able to go on your own and..." She broke off her sentence. She had tears swelling up her eyes.

"Mom, I'm not going anywhere until Jake's killer is found. I'm not safe on my own."

"You have to get over that. I know it was a horrible night, but his killer is long gone and not coming back." I looked at her tear filled eyes. I know that wasn't true, but I nodded my head. She touched my cheek and walked out of my room. When she closed my door I walked to my window and stared down at the woods. I know he's out there. Whether the police know it or not. He's watching and waiting to get me.

The next day wasn't the worst, but close. I made my mom drive me to school. I made her walk me to the door. I was still scared to be on my own. Whether I was with a whole bunch of other kids or by myself. I walked into the office and looked at the clock. 8:59. I was so latee, but it is the first day of school. They'll let me off the hook. I loooked at the sign-in sheet and signed in. I smiled at the lady behind the desk. I couldn't read the name tag, so I just walked out. They had given me a sheet of paper with my schedule, my locker number and my locker combination. Locker 77 combination, 4-19-33. Yup, that won't be hard to remember. I walked up to my locker. It was in the front hallway. Not far from the front doors. I looked around and found nobody else in the hallway. I heard some doors opening and jumped at every noise. I finally got all of my things with me and started to run down the hallway. I could hear someone following me down the hall. I ran faster and faster. I had my back-pack over my shoulder and it was filled with textbooks. It got the best of me and I fell flat on my face. I felt a hand pulling mme up. My vision was a little fuzzy, but it came back to focus. I saw a boy. He was my age. His hair was curly and crazy, it was a dark brown, almost black, but not black. He had green eyes, that if you stared at them for to long you might just get hypnotized. He smiled at me with perfect, alligned teeth. "Are you okay?  I came in late too. I saw you and wondered what class your in. I'm Connor. I'm new here and wanted to get some friends."

"Oh, I'm May."

"So May, why were you running so fast? It looked like you were running for your life."

"Oh, I've had some bad experiences in my past and basiclly freak out at every noise."

"Oh, hey aren't you the girl thhat was found in the barnyard? You beat up one of the kidnappers, right?" I stared at him with wonder. I was afraid to look in his eyes, just in case I might get hypnotized. "They weren't kidnappers. We went there while taking a walk. One of the men got away. He's still looking for me."

"You know that was like three months ago."

"When did you move here? You seem to know a lot about this." I stared at him with an angry look on my face. It was as if he was there.

"I moved here last month. I'm in the writing classes here and I had to do a summer project on something real. When I heard about this I did all the research I could do."

I just looked at him. The bell rung which took me out of my trance in his eyes. They looked almost fake. I saw kids coming out of classrooms. I picked up the rest of my stuff and walked away. He was still behind me when I turned around,"Look, May I didn't mean to get in your bussiness. It was only a project I was doing. Your the only person I know and I don't have any friends, yet. Please if you like I won't bring it up again." I looked at him with curiousity. "Okay, just don't bring it up again, please."

"Okay, I promise not to." He smiled at me, but I only put my head down.

Okay so a few facts about Connor

1) He moved here last month,

2) He was nice, but I think his eye color is fake,

3) He bassically knew everything about me.

© 2010 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
this is the first story of many!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

omg! this was awesome! i loved this! i got hooked in the very beginning. one thing i would like to point out though... you are using the word "to" in the wrong tenses. for example you say "....but I was always to scared to go." it should be "....but I was always too scared to go." this too is used to mean also or very. does that make sense? if you dont understand look up to and it will give you the different meanings! other than that though it was pretty good! nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

omg! this was awesome! i loved this! i got hooked in the very beginning. one thing i would like to point out though... you are using the word "to" in the wrong tenses. for example you say "....but I was always to scared to go." it should be "....but I was always too scared to go." this too is used to mean also or very. does that make sense? if you dont understand look up to and it will give you the different meanings! other than that though it was pretty good! nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2010
Last Updated on January 23, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee