Ninja Rock PT 2

Ninja Rock PT 2

A Story by LynLee

Ninja Rock Part 2

 

I walked through the hall and down the stairs. I could smell bacon and eggs for breakfast. "Mmmm. That smells good." I turned to look at my mom, but she was just standing there hovering over something. I started to walk towards her, but she just shifted out of my way. I got a plate and started to pour food on it.

"Mom, what are you looking at?" I tried to look at it over her shoulder, but I wasn't tall enough. She tucked it under her arm and turned around.

"Oh nothing. Just eat your breakfast sweety. I'll just be in my room. You should go outside." I was sure she was just fighting back tears. I knew why because I was too. After I was finished with breakfast I walked upstairs and turned into my room. I figured I should go outside. I pulled my jacket and boots on and walked downstairs. I pulled the screen door open and soaked in the damp air. It had rained more last night, and I was already ankle deep in mud. I had to push through to get all the way to my favorite tree.

It was intertwined with all the branches, and opened up to a big opening. This was our favorite place to go. I looked up and saw my favorite place to sit. It was a short branch, but almost shaped like a chair. I started climbing the big trunk and finally reached it. I got settled in and started to relax. This was the life. I closed my eyes and when I opened them I saw the "throne." I smiled and climbed back down the trunk. I jumped and almost twisted my ankle, but gladly caught my balance. I walked over to the throne and started to circle it. Almost inspecting it. Staring at every little detail.

I knelt down on one knee and held out my hand. "WHat'll it be my lady?" I said, but nobody heard me. She would sit here. Act like a princess and I would be her servant. I laughed and thought, "Don't let it get to you. Your thirteen, be strong." That was what my dad would say. Of course he would say, "Your seven, be strong." I circled around again and saw a little crown of leaves. I remember spending hours out here. Making crown after crown, just waiting for her to pick which one was perfect. She had finally chose one of mine. The first one I made. "I picked the first one because it's the best one, and your the best brother." She would always say whenever she put it on. I picked up the crown and held it over the back of the chair, as if I was putting it on someone. I dropped it into emptiness and the vision came back.

* * *

"I want to climb the tree."

"But you can't your too little." SHe had the pouty look and crossed her arms over her chest.

"But I want too!" SHe screamed and stamped her leg.

"Okay, you can, but you won't stay up to long okay?" She put a smile on her face and ran to hug me. "Thank you!" She ran to the tree and tried to climb it herself. She couldn't even get her leg up. I jogged over and held her up. Making sure she was secure. "One day, I'll be a better climber than you!" I laughed.

SHe got to the seat and started to shift around, trying to get comftorable. I walked over to the her throne and sat in with my hands behind my head and closed my eyes. I was almost asleep when I heard a big thud. I started to open my eyes and saw something lying in the leaves. I looked up and didn't see Chelsea.

"Chelsea!" I yelled and ran to her. "Chelsea, wake up!" I screamed as I turned her over and shaked her. "Wake up, please!" I screamed as tears flowed down my cheek. Then a drop of blood started down her chin and I saw the wound on her head.

"NO!" I screamed as I held her in my arms. "WHy? WHy? WHy did I let you in the tree? Why did you fall?" I screamed louder and louder, but she wouldn't say anything back. Tears flowed down my cheek and onto her cold, pale face.

I ran straight to the house. Not caring that I was tracking mud everywhere. I ran right up the stairs and into my room, slamming my door. I jumped onto my bed while tears started down my face.

How could I not cry on the anniversary of my sister's death?

* * *

I woke up to hearing my mom yelling for me. "Tony, dinner!" I sat up and rubbed my face, feeling it still wet. I walked into my bathroom and just realized that I still had my boots and jacket on. I threw them off and into my bathtub. I 'll run the water over them later. I walked in front of my mirror and saw that my face was red and puffy. I didn't care. I was sure my mom's was too.

I walked down the stairs and a faint smell of steak rushed into my nose. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom leaning over the stove. I sat at the bar and put my head in my hands. She finally turned around and I saw that her face was red and puffy, but still wet. SHe wiped her face with a towel and tried to smile at me, but I knew it was fake.

After dinner I was tired and needed a shower. I looked at my mom, but she was staring at something else. She was looking at the photos on the shelves. Chelsea swimming, me and her at the ball park, a family picnic we did in the back yard. The happier times.

"We can decorate rocks tonight. After you take a shower bring the stuff down. Okay?" I looked at her and nodded my head. I took my plate to the sink and set it in. I walked the back way to my room. From the kitchen to the family and up the second set of stairs. I wanted my shower to be a long one.

After I took my shower I saoked my boots and jacket in the bathtub. I put my pajamas on and walked downstairs, carrying the bucket labeled,"CRAFTS", and my bag of rocks. Unused of course. When I walked into the kitchen I could hear my mom humming Twinkle Twinkle little star. I set down the bucket and poured the rocks over the table. "These are the ones I found yesterday."

"Ooh, fresh ones." She smiled up at me and I smiled back as I sat down across from her. She started looking at every rock, pick it up, put it down, pick it up, put it down. SHe finally picked one that was round, almost oval like. "So did you make one last night?" I nodded my head watching her glue the eyes on it. "Well go get it!" She smiled up at me and took some of the ribbon from inside the bucket.

I walked up the stairs and opened my door. When I walked inside my room, it felt colder than normal. I started getting goosebumps and had to hold my arms. I walked over to the shelf and reached for Ling. WHen I pulled him off the shelf I felt warmer, like the coldness was never there. I walked back into the kitchen and saw that my mom was holding something in her hands. When she heard me coming she put it on the table. "Is that the new rock?" I held it out and put it in her hand.

"Ya, his name is Ling." I smiled as she looked at him. I liked Ling a lot. I didn't know why, but I think he's my favorite rock. And i'm not suppose to pick a favorite.

"He's cute," I looked at her like she had just embarrassed me in front of the world, "I mean tough!" She put her hands around her stomach, flexing her tiny muscles. I smiled and thought, "Better." She put him back on the table, next to her new one. "Chelsea would have liked him." She looked back at me and bent my head down to kiss me on the head. Then she looked back at the table and flew her hands in the air.

"Look honey, I finished it!" She smiled back at me and I looked down at the rock. I had a small smile in the middle of it and she drew pink cheeks on the side, it had a big pink bow on the top of it's head and had big blue googly eyes. "Chelsea." I whispered. It was what Chelsea looked like. Well not exactly, but she had big blue eyes, and the pinkest cheeks, and always wore a pink bow in her hair.

"I think that's what I'll name her. CHelsea. Don't you think so?"

"Ya I guess." I put my head down and felt like crying, but I held it together. "Be strong Tony." I could hear my dad's voicce in my head repeating it, "Be strong, be strong." I was going to.

"Well I'm tired. I think I'll go to bed. Is it okay if Chelsea stays in my room?" I nodded my head and looked up at her. Her eyes looked watery and I figured she had still been crying. She kissed the top of my head, "I'll clean up mom. Then I'll go to bed."

"Okay. Night." SHe kissed my head again and walked into her bedroom. I heard her door close and I started to clean up.

Everything was finally off the table. It took me a long time to get the glue off the top, but I did, with like fifty paper towels. I grabbed the bucket and headed up the stairs. Ling in my other hand, I held him tight. I walked into my room and put Ling on the shelf. I made sure he was on there good and put the bucket down on my desk. I stretched my hands over my head and yawned. I climbed under my comforter and got settled in. I was nice and warm and finally fell asleep.

"Chelsea! Wake up! Please, please wake up!" I screamed louder and louder. "Chelsea no!"

I woke up in a cold sweat. I rubbed my face and looked over at my clock. 3:39. "Ugh." I got up and figured a nice warm glass of milk will help me go to sleep again. I was just finishing my glass of milk when I heard something in the laundry room. I couldn't make out the sound, but it was like a banging. Then I heard a loud crash and glass breaking. I stayed back in a corner, and peaked over the corner. I could see a guy laying on the glass filled floor. He was laying on some kind of suitcase.

"Argh." I heard him sigh and cuss a few times then stand up. I flung my head back in the shadow and listened to him. I could hear him stepping on the glass.

"Crack, crack crack." I heard him getting closer. He finally passed me and I could see what he was wearing. It was an all black jumpsuit, with a black mask covering his whole face. He had that suitcase in his hand. WHat was he going to do?

I looked around and grabbed the first thing I saw, an umbrella. I figured if he walked a little further I could hit him on the head, without him knowing. I started to walk out and saw him start to turn around. I ducked back into the shadow, hoping he didn't see me. He turned back around shaking his head and I started out again. He passed a small mirror with pictures on it. It had a lot of pictures of Chelsea. He looked at them and picked up my favorite picture of her.

"Hmm, pretty girl." He snickered, then threw the picture on the floor smashing it.

I lost it.

I went running at him and swung the umbrella as hard as I could. I hit him, but it didn't do anything to him. He was bigger than I thought. He turned around cursing and saw me. I lowered the umbrella, but ran the other way. He caught my leg and pulled me down. I struggled and kicked him in the shin. That did something. He bent down to rub it, but didn't let me go. He started to drag me and I kicked him in the stomach.

Hard.

He let me go and bent over. I stood up in front of him and grabbed the umbrella. I stabbed the sharp point into his back. He fell on the floor and I tried to run for the phone, but he grabbed my ankles and pulled me down. I kicked and punched, but before I knew it he was over me. He punched my face, and I could feel the blood coming out my nose. The warm blood flowed into my mouth. I spit it at him and he punched my stomach. "Don't spit on me kid." Then he spat on my face. My hand was free and I punched him in the mouth. He pulled both hands up to it and back up a little. I was able to scoot back and then I kicked him in the face. He fell back and looked out cold.

I walked over to him and looked at his face. "Is he dead?" I said to myself.

"No!" His eyes flew open and he pulled his hands up to my throat. He had me locked in the choke and I felt my legs being lifted. He pounded me against the wall and choked me harder. Then he threw me on the floor. I fell hard and could feel a gash in my head. He pulled me over and punched me in the stomach. I hugged my stomach and fell to my side. He kicked me sending me to lay on the other side. I could feel the bruises starting on my arms and legs. My stomach was killing me and I could feel the blood gushing from my nose and mouth. My head was spinning and I felt like throwing up. I opened my eyes and saw the glass from the photo frame. I looked over to the guy, who was stuffing the bag with our stuff.

I reached over the glass and picked up the photo of Chelsea. She was swimming that day. She had just come out of the pool. Her hair was wet and pulled back and her face was red from swimming. She had the pink bow in her hair and she had the biggest smile on her face. I smiled thinking about that day. I had taught her how to swim that day.

I could hear the guy coming over hear. Cursing and said, "I'm going to take care of you now." Before he pulled me over I grabbed the picture and held it to me. When he held his fist above my face I said, "I love you Chelsea." Then closed my eyes, waiting for the hit. But I never felt it. All I heard was a big "THUD!"

I looked over and saw the guy laying on the floor next to me. I waited a few seconds and stood up. The phone was next to the suitcase. My stomach was killing me, and I could barely stand up. I limped over to the phone and when I finally got to it, I collapsed on the floor. I reached my finger up to dial 9-1-1, but I looked over to the guy. I dropped the phone, and saw what hit him.

 

Next to him was Ling.

© 2010 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
this is the second version......the original somehow got deleted so four hours later................i finished this re write.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awsome...
Just, awsome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i still really like it ! with his sister, tha burgular and ling.It was awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee