This Christmas Night

This Christmas Night

A Story by LynLee

Eliza laid in her bed as she heard footsteps in the hall, "Tap, tap, tap."

She quickly shut her eyes and tried to act sound asleep. She heard her door crack open, "HO, HO, HO!" She heard. She jumped out of her bed and looked at her door.

Standing there was a jolly fat man, with rosy red cheeks wearing a red suit. Eliza felt her mouth widen as she looked at the one and only, Santa Claus.

He was holding one her sugar cookies. It was in the shape of a christmas tree and it had green frosting with colorful sprinkles on it. "Hello Eliza, I must say these cookies are delicious!" He said taking a bite out of it. "Since your cookies are so yummy, would you like to help me with the reigndeer?"

Eliza nodded her head.

"Good! Now come with me, I believe Vixen is getting hungry." He smiled.

She followed him to her chimney, "But how will I get up there? I'm not magic like you." Santa Claus looked at her, "Ah see now Eliza, everyone has a little magic in them, even you." He said pointing to her. "All you have to do is believe."

So Eliza stood by Santa and closed her eyes. "All you have to do is believe." With the words in her head she felt a sudden brush of wind. When she opened her eyes, she was standing in front of a large reigndeer.

He looked at her with big bright eyes. He looked around her. "Food where's the food?" He said. Eliza smiled. "Your Vixen!" She said.

"No, I'm hungry! Food!!!"

Eliza laughed, "I wish I had some food for you, but I don't." Vixen sat down and sighed.

"Eliza," Santa said, "Remember, all you have to do is believe." He nodded to her.

She nodded back and closed her eyes. Again she felt a rush of wind, her pink nightgown shwooshing on the snowy roof. When she opened her eyes she felt something in her hand. In it were mints. All the reigndeer looekd at her. "Mints!" The screamed. The all rushed to her. She laughed at she felt there wet tongues on her hand.

Soon all the mints were gone.

"Oh my, look at the time!" Santa said. "It's time to visit the rest of the children!"

Santa made sure all the presents were where they needed to be and checked the reigndeer's harnesses. "Thank you very much Eliza, you have been a big help! Now you should be going back to bed." He hugged her and she kissed all the reigndeers noses.

"Okay, now just stand right there." He said. He took out a little bag and took out some powder. He held  it up to his mouth and blew it on Eliza. As this happened she felt sleepy and could feel the wind again. She could hear everyone saying good-bye.

 

Eliza woke up with excitement. She rushed into her family room. Under the tree were tons of presents! She unwrapped each one, marking everything off her list. Her parents let her play with her new things, when she heard a rattle come from her room. She got up and walked there.

When she entered there was a mint laying on her bed with a note that said, "Remember to always believe. Love, Santa."

© 2011 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on October 16, 2011
Last Updated on October 16, 2011

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee