The Last Kiss

The Last Kiss

A Story by IamDale
"

When did you feel you're all grown up? When I stopped giving my sisters kisses and hugs before sleep :)

"
     "I'm still your little boy", that's what I tell my parents when they see my room all messed up; things scattered everywhere, from candy wrappers to tissue papers. I'm not saying that I'm irresponsible but it's that I miss the times when my parents would encourage me to fix my things by promising a prize in store for me and a stamp as recognition of the good work I've done. I just see myself never growing up like the others. I mean I'm not your typically party-all night teenager or a fifteen-year old courting someone and serenading him/her with a song. I oftentimes find growing up to be very tiring and boring because as times it's not all fun. Because does childhood not scream "FUN"?  I mean if I was ordered to define childhood, I'll say it doesn't  pertain to a certain age but a time in ourselves wherein we see life not as chaotic nor complicated but as fun and worth-living. Because we can't deny the fact that there are times that life will takes us to countless nightmares that we give up and have doubts  of ever standing up again. I mean when we were kids, we wanted to explore, we wanted to learn everything because we were able to find a bright side or we have the hope of being able to explore life and learn about its wonders while also having fun.
     I also see childhood as the time of our "firsts"; our first win, our first award, our first kiss, first cry, first books ,all our first tries of life's servings. And when I think of these things, the only 2 persons coming into my mind are my parents. My parents are my best friends, I tell them everything! Another testament to my childish ways is that my parents are my secret keepers. I know you would want to shout at me and find me weird but that's just the way I lived. I grew up seeing my parents everyday and having dinner with them every night. Who else could I trust 100 percent? It's not that I don't trust my friends but it's just the fact that my parents would never reveal or insert my secrets into the picture when we have arguments or when as they say the war  has begun. I just trust them 100 percent and see them never going against me. But what I really want to talk about is my relationship with them now. I just feel frustrated whenever I act rude towards them or when I sometimes can't help but to answer back at them. Although they give me the privilege of "freedom of speech", it's never a reason to answer back at them and to disrespect them. After all, they are your parents, not pertaining to the role but they are the ones who only have good plans for you. That brings me to my "obedient days", the days wherein I never said "NO" and I always thank them for their pieces of advice. The time when I never tried to find something wrong nor feel them taking advantage of me. And I'm just so sorry for ever thinking that they always want them to have the advantage when it comes to my life. Actually, they're only leaving 10 percent of their money and time for themselves. The 90 percent is for me and my sisters.
     Oh, my sisters. It's hard to be a middle child and the only boy at that. I mean from the toys itself, I am always the loser. But I find the bond, our bond very strong. I mean we never keep things from each other and we help one another as well. I was always with them, I had to play their games just to have someone to play with. I remember when I used "Ken", Barbie's love interest when we play dolls. I know! It's crazy how I let myself get into that game and the weirdest part is that we played dolls and I played Ken until I was 10! So maybe I had fun doing or acting as Ken; the conversations, the compliments for Barbie, plus it was never really hard. I mean Ken's hair is not to be combed. So all I had to do is to wait for them to finish dressing up their barbies. Oh, I also remember the times I climbed and fell of a tree! One time, I was trying out the tarzan and the branch where I swung and where my sisters also hung broke because I was chubby and one branch with 3 people hanging on it is too much. Well, I did not cry, I went crazy! I even was the one complaining and blaming my sisters!
     Well, to the end my story....All I want to say is that my childhood is memorable because it is the time wherein I learned to live happily and the time wherein I was introduced to God. Another thing, it was a time wherein I lived the life I dreamed of living now :)
    

© 2011 IamDale


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011
Tags: Childhood, Age, Life, Happiness

Author

IamDale
IamDale

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
I write when I'm in the mood. I write about everything. I write about the truth. I write what my mind tells me to. I write from the heart. I write with GOD :) more..

Writing
If Only If Only

A Poem by IamDale


God's ABC God's ABC

A Poem by IamDale


Color Blind Color Blind

A Poem by IamDale