MORTAL

MORTAL

A Poem by P

Jesus Christ was whipped by leather lashes that opened the skin on his back,
slow bleeding, gradually losing the grasp for air so God can forgive the mortal as each strike landed with a loud snap.
But how could this be any worse than an honest homeless man begging for scraps on an urban street corner for a poor lunch and water on tap.
What about the child screaming for help cause mother was raped with only forty bucks left in her bank.
Or the proud Gay discriminated because US norms wouldn't allow matrimonial happiness between same sex so the Church of God states you'll burn in brimstone for establishing that love pact.

So many people forsaken on a daily basis but still seem to think Jesus  nailed to the crucifix was the ultimate suffering.
African ancestors got it the worse when generations were put to labor for 246 years, nails through the palms and ankles couldn't possibly even come close to a fraction for what these people had to feel.
Could you even begin to fathom the amount of Women and Children tortured during this time of American history, the lives lost and the Men who mourned at the cost of mortal greed and gluttony

Why must we hold Jesus’ sacrifice on a pedestal when the mortal have suffered a great deal?
Somewhere on this Earth, a child committed the sin of theft so his family could hold out another rough day with crumpets of bread they would consider a good meal.
A woman sold her body so that she could provide clothing and shelter for her innocent newborn who's sick and having trouble taking in the polluted atmosphere.
That curious 14 year old girl tested HIV positive because she was peer pressured into sleeping with a grown man who has nothing left to fear.
And that father just took another life so he can pay for his daughter's college tuition next year.

© 2017 P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on September 29, 2017
Last Updated on September 29, 2017

Author

P
P

Altamonte Springs, FL



About
Just a below average writer. more..

Writing
MAN WHICH DWELLS MAN WHICH DWELLS

A Poem by P


A LIFE DIVORCE A LIFE DIVORCE

A Poem by P


BE YOUR BOY BE YOUR BOY

A Poem by P