Let Him Go

Let Him Go

A Poem by Rachel
"

The twisted truth behind one's first heart break.

"

Unexpectedly this unfamiliar stranger, shortly becomes a lover.

A love so innocent and pure, mixed amongst raging hormones and forever promises made with one another.

Endless hours of driving just to fulfill the sensational craving of affection and lust.

Even miles apart, I still marched to the tune of your beautiful breathing heart.



But be warned, no disguise can ever truly cover all your white lies.

The malicious and unkind truth will eventually unravel with time.

This fairytale of two souls intertwining to love at first sight, is merely a delusion.



When darkness falls, I have no choice but to surrender.

The blessing of your presence still haunts my dreams at night.

So surreal, once again, I’m wrapped in your blanket of warmth.



Time continues to pass by, but the pain never seems to fade or subside.

Each tiny yet significant incident or person may trigger this never ending emotional rollercoaster.

A forever mystery of which random street signs, movie references, or emotional lyrics will screech out your name.



In the short time span of 6 months, the girl once treasurable is now replaceable.

Hours on end, wondering if you even still think of me, or am I already a distant memory?

How can the man who was once my better half, be so lost in the past?



Hearts never break easily, and take a lifetime to mend.

Eventually the bandaid must rip, stripping yet another layer. 

Exposing my damaged flesh to the raw state of vulnerability. 

If true love really exists…. wheres my prince charming to save me with a kiss?

© 2018 Rachel


Author's Note

Rachel
Please feel free to leave me some feedback! I would greatly appreciate it! Have a lovely day! xx

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

As the famous poet once whispered breathlessly,
True love leaves no traces

There are stars beneath the morning and like ya they are full of loss. It is our duty to love and love again, despite the risk of crippling hurt. Or so I believe.

Such expressive, forlorn, somewhat melancholic writing!

Posted 4 Years Ago


I enjoyed feeling the raw emotion of this poem. I think anyone can relate to the self destruction of an intense love. Some feedback would be to reconsider using the word short more than once in your poem as well as consider using another analogy instead of prince charming at the end in order to have a more original feel to the closure of your poem! Overall wonderful! If you'd like to review my poem, please do :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


i`m sure you are still a soft spot in his heart

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2018
Last Updated on November 26, 2018
Tags: #heartbroken, #love, #sad

Author

Rachel
Rachel

NJ



About
Hello! My name is Rachel, and I am a college student with a love for free style writing. The rawest form of emotion is so beautifully expressed through poetry. Poetry is my outlet to voice my opin.. more..

Writing
Let Him Go Let Him Go

A Poem by Rachel