Chapter 15: Deception with Körner and Minna Stock

Chapter 15: Deception with Körner and Minna Stock

A Chapter by J. Marc

 

En route to Dresden

 

Hence must Schiller once again gather his belongings and pack, this time to take with determination the route to Dresden. What should await him there? Who should he trust there? Would the persecution finally cease once there? Would he finally find a decent job there with a decent pay?

 

His head would be filled with thousand little but essential questions as he was packing. He thought only that every time something good was happening in his life, must many other things would go wrong, and throw him into this state of insecurity with which he wanted to put a definitive end by coming to Leipzig. In Mannheim, he did have the right job with the right pay, and yet lacked him the necessary support to push his chance, and pave the way for the successful career he wanted. Should he now find the right friendly and supportive environment in Leipzig, and then the appropriate job and income would lack him desperately. He was then rather happy to leave his student room in Huber's home.

 

On September 11th, 1785, as the sun has not yet fully unraveled its warm rays upon the city, would Schiller prepare himself to bid farewell to Huber during a frugal and rapid breakfast. Huber did not look his best this morning, but Schiller was so eager to leave that he was very little concerned about the mood of this otherwise good friend. He only promised to help him further when they will see each other again in Dresden.  For now, he has to finish his breakfast and catch a coach. The begging eyes of Huber would the least concern him.

 

-        „Don't worry! You will find a good outcome with your marriage plan with Dora later on! Take care!“, would Schiller say to him as he was leaving the house.

 

There he was again in the streets of Leipzig, alone and determined. The usually busy and noisy streets of Leipzig were for the time deserted. This farewell must lead to another beginning. With this farewell, he leaves a known situation which should lead him to a completely new one.

 

-        But who did say that a new beginning must be a known and secure beginning? Does not a known but unwanted ending usually leads to a new but unknown beginning?, would he then try to reassure himself as he was going towards the meeting place with the coach.

 

The sun was now spreading generously its luminous rays upon the city and streets of Leipzig. The day would again be sunny and probably very hot. Not the perfect weather for a long trip, but a good condition anyway, thought he.

 

Schiller would now rush his steps in order to find and catch the coach on time. The carriage was already on the agreed place as he bursts into the quiet and deserted place, and with rush, as if he wanted to leave Leipzig at once, he would give to the coach, greeting him with a large smile as he was opening the door. He sees in there, calmly seated, a young woman, dressed in red, her brown curls falling unruly upon her forehead as she was reading some notes on a piece of paper. As she turned her face towards him, then he would notice the eyes with the distinctive makeup and the redness of the lips.....

 

-        „Charlotte! Charlotte Kalb! What are you doing here!?“, would he then loudly ask, hardly containing his surprise.

-        „Hush, my dear!“, would the Kalb, putting a Finger on his Lips, smiling disarmingly, give as an answer to him.

 

The expression on her face was all smile and contentment. Schiller could not really believe it:

 

-        „The Kalb!! Here in Leipzig! What for!?“ thought he, at the same time taken aback and happy about this unexpected appearance.

 

Summoning his courage, he would then ask her:

 

                  - „How did you exactly know about my whereabouts this morning? How long have you been here in Leipzig?”, knowing how intrusive and assertive this Lady Macbeth-in-waiting could be.

 



© 2011 J. Marc


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

J. Marc
J. Marc

Antananarivo, Madagascar



About
body {background-color:FFCC66;background-image:url(http://);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;background-attachment:fixed;} table, tr, td {background:transparent; border:0p.. more..

Writing