Not So Happily Ever After The Hangover

Not So Happily Ever After The Hangover

A Story by Penny Ellen
"

No idea... just kinda happened. Long overdue WWP piece. The stepsister wins, Cinderella loses.

"
"Honey, ain't no one in this world irreplaceable." Fairy Godmother retrieved the remaining glass shoe from where she'd frozen it in mid-air when Cinderella threw her temper tantrum.
    Rella lay crumpled like a dishrag on the floor of the parlour, just as soggy as one, too. "But it was such a beautiful night!" She wailed, "We could have been so happy together!"
    "Coulda shoulda woulda" FG shot back, "Will not get you anywhere. You gotta be tough, or every guy you dance with for one night is going to be able to break your heart. For Chrissake, you didn't even kiss the guy!"
    Rella sobered from her whimpering for half a moment until she opened her mouth to sob brokenly "B-ut I wa-anted to!" and buried her face back in the already-soaked apron tied at her waist, mascara streaming down her skin and streaking the apron like tiny grey rivers.
The room was destroyed from the little black sheep girl's distress in learning that her stepsister had fit into the glass stilleto she'd left accidentally on the palace stairs in her drunken rush to get home before curfew. The enchantment on the shoe was broken as soon as the girl had slipped her foot into it and it had shattered, causing thousands of dollars in corrective surgery, but this fact failed to coax even a giggle from little miss drama queen.
    Kesha limped into the room on her crutches. "For God's sake, Rella, I'm not happy about it either. It's not my fault we wear the same size shoe! I mean, it was all mom's idea anyway. Freakin stop whining." She opened the fridge and pulled out a half-finished bottle of Jack. She took a swig and then turned to FG "Ya see why I don't take her clubbing with me?"
    FG grimaced sympathetically at Kesha and bent down to hug Rella. The rules of her contact with the Fairy Godmother Organization prevented her from verbally agreeing with other people's criticisms of her case subject (something about emotional support and being understanding).
    The younger sister half-heartedly yelled at Kesha, "Why would he want you? You puked in the linen closet!"
    "Dunno. But whatevz. The rock is huge!" She giggled, limping back out of the room, bottle in tow.
    "Why don't you just sleep it off, sweetie? We can watch Eclipse tomorrow so you can drool over Taylor Lautner, okay?"
    Rella wiped her eyes and grinned weakly. "Ok. Sounds good."

© 2010 Penny Ellen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it! Its so funny. Great job (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was great! Very nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Really impressive. Something a little bit broken up, but comes together. It's something typical when your drunk. I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Really nice descriptions, and I like the characters input, and attitude!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2010
Last Updated on December 1, 2010

Author

Penny Ellen
Penny Ellen

Misplaced, AR



About
****I HAVE MOVED TO WORDPRESS**** ***Check out my NEW poetry page at lividsanguine.WordPress.com *** I am vile, highly opinionated, stubborn, and more often than not, a little bit insane. But hey,.. more..

Writing
Flight Flight

A Poem by Penny Ellen


Rainbows Rainbows

A Poem by Penny Ellen