5 Inspirational Writing Essay Tips for Students

5 Inspirational Writing Essay Tips for Students

A Story by Richard Nolan

The majority of students find essay writing to be a difficult task. This ought not to be the case. It’s quite easy once you’ve mastered the basics and learned a few tricks and tips that can guide you. Essay writing can be fun, but only when you have the passion for it. It’s a chance to express your thoughts and ideas to your readers, although most of the time students write with only the lecturer in mind, which is wrong.

To nail your essay, here are 5 inspirational tips to guide you:


1. Have a Thorough Understanding of What’s Expected of You

Before proceeding to research or write your article, you’ll first need to have a thorough understanding of what’s expected of you. Get familiar with the topic. This means that you are required to read the essay prompt. You can read it as many times as necessary as long as you finally grasp what the lecturer expects from you. It would be a waste of your time and an obvious dent in your grades if you wrote an essay that nobody asked you to write.


2. You Need Research

Once you’ve grasped what’s expected of you, you’ll need to research the topic extensively. Your essay needs facts backed with sufficient evidence. Among the top reasons students find essay writing difficult is because they don’t have the necessary information. When you lack information, chances are your writing will fail to reach the required word count. Of course, this will lead to including a lot of fluff and filler content which lowers the quality of the essay.


3. Structure Your Essay Accordingly


A typical essay has three sections, not including the title:


1. Introduction

2. Body

3. Conclusion


Your title and introduction will determine whether one will proceed to read the rest of the essay or not. Therefore, as you write the two, ensure that you nail them. Create curiosity in the reader. The body should contain your brainstormed ideas, arguments, and any other information required. Write a conclusion that gives a neat finish to the essay.


4. Have a Thesis Statement

With the ideas that you developed while outlining your essay, you can come up with a thesis statement. The thesis statement will be a summary of all the ideas. Write a thesis statement that focuses on the topic and doesn’t divert the attention of the reader from the essay. Critical aspects to note down as you write your statement: you should ensure that it stays on the topic, does not appear combative, is not written in first-person and finally, it shouldn’t be a question.


5. Take the Time to Proofread

Now that you’re done writing the essay, it’s crucial that you do some serious proofreading. Errors are expected. You don’t have to proofread immediately, especially if you’re not out of time. You can do so later, and in fact, you can ask for a fresh set of eyes. We tend to miss out on mistakes in our own writing. An excellent essay will have no grammar, spelling, or sentence structure errors. You can take advantage of the numerous online proofreading tools.


Conclusion

Essay writing is quite easy. These 5 tips will guide you through the writing process enabling you to produce an excellent essay. Master writing skills, get organized, and practice as much as you can. Practice makes perfect!

© 2017 Richard Nolan


Author's Note

Richard Nolan
Richard Nolan is a professional educator and team building coach, sharing his experience in spheres of writing, blogging, entrepreneurship, and psychology. Richard writes for numerous blogs and gives useful tips for bloggers and students. Currently, Richard works as a general blog editor. Follow the link to see his last work, tips how to write a conclusion for written works.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on December 5, 2017
Last Updated on December 5, 2017
Tags: Essay, Education, Writing Tips for Students