Finding Flowers

Finding Flowers

A Story by Dorita

 Finding Flowers


 Megan walked along a valley, overlooking the coast to her home in California. God had made things so beautiful and she loved His amazing creation. He had changed her life, and she knew she would always live her life for Him. She loved picking flowers, and walking along the coast, and Megan loved how her dream about living in California had come true. She felt at home here, and knew she always would. There were so many times she had thought about coming here. To look out over the sea, and imagine living there someday. She knew that here could so easily become a home. Her home, maybe. She took a seat, on a park bench, and looked out over the ocean. Going home, she went to check her mail, and found a few letters. 

They were addressed to her and her address, so she opened up the first letter.


"Dear Megan,

 It's about the wedding. Thank you for being my maid of honour. I want you to come, and bring flowers for your bouquet. Please make them wild flowers.

                        Amber."


This was all this letter read, and Megan wasn't sure what to think now. Amber was getting married? She went to where she could sit closer to the water, and then looked around this area, for flowers. Any wild flowers there. Then she knew that these flowers couldn't just be any flowers.

 "Why do you look so serious?", her guy friend, Matt, asked her, as he came to sit next to her on the sandy beach.

"I am Amber's maid of honour and she wants me to find flowers for the wedding", she let him know.

"Then let's go and find some", he said.

She smiled, as they went looking for flowers. The right ones. But what were the right ones? Matt looked just as confused as she did. What flowers were right for this wedding? Daffodils? Carnations? Roses?

There was this rose bush that she knew about.

"Let's get roses", she told Matt, "I know where to find them."

They went in search of roses, and went to where there were many rose bushes. To Megan, These were so pretty.

The wind picked up and soon there was a storm, and Megan and Matt ran to stand under a gazebo. The rain poured, and flower finding today probably wouldn't work. The wedding day was in a few days, and what would they do about flowers?

The spring air, became cold the day of the wedding, and Megan still didn't have any flowers. Matt came by to pick her up, and with him, were wild flowers.

He handed them to her, and then they took his bright blue truck to the country wedding, and then sat and watched as people were preparing for the wedding day. Megan loved how God had become so important to Amber and Ben, and now they were getting married and going into missions, in India. There were so many people there at the church now, and Megan went up front during her part, and watched other bridesmaids coming down the aisle. They stopped in their places, and then soon came Amber, walking down the aisle.

She looked so pretty, and Megan knew it didn't matter so much now, which flowers she held. This day was about Amber and her marrying, Ben. They all left later after they were married, and Megan went to find Matt.

 He was standing by a tree, and looking at the couple.

"Here you are", she told him, "by a tree. Thank you for the flowers."

"You are welcome."

"I worried so much about this when I realized today was about the couple and about love."

"It was", was all Matt said, and then he handed her a single daisy.

"For the lovely maid of honor", he spoke, and then they danced.

Matt and her went for a walk before the reception, and then danced in the barn to a barn dance. The wedding day was just as Megan wanted it to be for Ben and Amber. A day full of love, and wild flowers.

A year past by, and Matt and Megan were the ones getting married. She didn't know what flowers she would have for the wedding day, and then she knew.

Wild flowers.

© 2018 Dorita


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on May 20, 2018
Last Updated on December 18, 2018

Author

Dorita
Dorita

About
I'm a redhead that loves writing and travelling. I grew up in a smaller town and now live in the big city. But deep down I'm a country girl who loves horses and open fields. more..

Writing
Chosen Chosen

A Poem by Dorita


Just You Just You

A Poem by Dorita





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114