Maybe just maybe

Maybe just maybe

A Poem by rosalie
"

about a piece of glass that could've been art if someone took a little time.

"

Maybe just maybe      


When you take a step back from life what do you see. I see a lost child who’s lost her way. I see someone who wants to pick up the knife and be done. Funny how one word can change everything about someone’s life. When you trust someone just a little too much. When you tell them your whole life story and the next moment they leave like you were nothing to them. On the outside I try to put on a  smile and pretend everything's perfectly ok. When on the inside I'm a shattered piece of glass with sharp and jagged edges. The piece of glass people are always so afraid to pick up. The type of glass that can be a work of art if someone just picks it up and smooths it out and fixes just a little. A piece of glass that just needs a little time. But what happens when that piece of glass doesn't have time, what if it continues to break and crack. What happens then? Where does that piece of glass go? Back into the shadows, right when it has hope of happiness. Discarded like a piece of trash. Other pieces of glass are the new subject, they are the new focus. They are the ones that get turned into art. The little piece of glass discarded into the shadows slowly is forgotten and slowly fades away until it's completely gone from everyone’s life. That person could have been someone great, someone strong. But they weren't given enough time. They just needed a little hope. One too many times they were let down. One too many times they were told to go to hell or to go kill themselves. One too many times they lost trust. Finally they said I give up. They took their knife and cut harder and deeper than before. They could have been spared if people cared enough. They could have been here if people didn't mess with their head one too many times. If people had just listened maybe they would still be here. Maybe their parents and classmates wouldn't be going to their funeral. Maybe they wouldn't be dead at 17. Maybe they would still be here and not 6 feet underground in a rotting coffin. Maybe they would still be here if just one person, anyone just gave them a chance and cared. Maybe just maybe.

© 2017 rosalie


Author's Note

rosalie
I don't think this is my best work but I want to hear other peoples opinions, so please tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am taking this in as a blog.I wouldn't think of "reviewing"...this work...it bravely tables some very deep and somber realities...that scare people ...folks seem to fear discussing some of the important thoughts you've shared here that cry to be dealt with
One giant bravo


Posted 6 Years Ago


This has so much meaning to it, and its so deep. I think its flow could be worked on a little, but other than that it's a really emotional, and amazing piece.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 18, 2017
Last Updated on November 18, 2017

Author

rosalie
rosalie

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Ive always loved writing but I've never had the confidence to share my work, until one day a friend told me to be an island in a world of continents. they told me to be myself and not worry about what.. more..

Writing
Safe Safe

A Poem by rosalie


I need you I need you

A Poem by rosalie