Writting E-Novellas

Writting E-Novellas

A Story by Rose Kelly
"

Suggestions and tips by NueVer Publishing for getting a E-Novella published.

"
You can read more details of our submission guidelines at NueVer.com. The length of a Novella can be a word count from 10,000 to 50,000+. For NueVer's guidelines we consider a novella submission for an e-book as anywhere between 10,000 and 35,000 words.


Tips on building characters:
A great internal dialog for your main character can be a good way to introduce the reader to the complexity of the lead person within the limited space of a novella.

Before you begin write a 1-2 page summery of your characters. Who are they? Where do they come from? Do any of them have issues that might add depth to the story at hand?


Location, location:

A great location can be almost another character in your story; think of those haunted houses that become the ghostly figure haunting the people within the tale. I highly recommend writing about somewhere you have spent time in and around. Get to know the setting as though it were another person in your novella.
If you're quite set on an exotic location that you can't spend time in it's a good idea to find travel books, posters and local magazines or newspapers to read fully.


Submitting Your Finished Novella:
Once you've finished your novella and fell ready to submit it to agents or indie publishers go over the whole book and find the 3 best chapters or sections that convey the story in its essence.
Along with those have ready a truly compelling cover letter that not only covers the novella at hand but also your experience and anything the agent or publisher might find helpful in deciding to view your complete work. Do you have any awards for writing? Any published short stories in magazine or e-mags?

© 2011 Rose Kelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just a couple quick suggestions.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on October 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 14, 2011

Author

Rose Kelly
Rose Kelly

Tucson, AZ



About
We are an indie publishing house based in digital media for use with cross-platform appliances like cell phones, laptops, MP3 players and computer-to-TV stations. NueVer publishes fiction, political .. more..

Writing