Tale of a Bank Account!!

Tale of a Bank Account!!

A Story by Anshul Khandelwal
"

A funny story about how I opened a bank account. :)

"

Ran like a tail-wagger,freaked like a cat and pissed off like a timid mouse..for just getting a account opened and encashing my first paycheck ,which i received with so much contentment and gratification from that lanky finance guy..Though i expressed my gratitude to him for eventually giving me my chequeue after so many tantrums..
Oh! so i finally got it..but i never knew and was not aquainted with tormnet one may go through to get money,hell out of that bloody chequeue made of some recycled paper..and specially when one is a newbie in this very act of Banking..Inspite of having 10K bucks in my 7 by 4 inch wallet which itself has a very pathetic story..(tell u afterwards.),i could only boast of it,but could not buy even a 6rs. banana shake..
I woke up early to get a accout opening form form PNB,bunked my office for same ...but this time the bank was SBI..but now the introducer's signature thwarted my dreams to open a account..somehow i managed to get it done..by a much benevolent and downright neighborly Retd. Colonel uncle..but still i cant believe there were many more things waiting ahead for not allowing it to happen..now the bank wanted Colonel uncle in person to be my bystander..I really went berserk and pissed off..I decided not to mess with these banks,which i had been doing for about 20 days and finally approach my uncle who was working in Centurion Bank..now u all must be thinking i am really a buffon or rather a bloody nincompoop that i didnt approached him before..Actually hez so much engrossed and overloaded by his work that i cudnt ask him to do..So finally ,i visited him amd he referred me to such a clumsy guy ,that he took 10 days to open my acc..so eventually my pangrossain attitude paid off..

But it was not over yet..the day i came back from the bank ,finishing all those seemingly easy formalities..that guy called me up n said in such a immaculate manner.."Could u plz come to the bank tommorow..I forgot to take ur signature somwhere.."..Oh my God!!! I smirked and soliloquized.."Why the hell did i receive money.." But believe me ,i really felt that someone was enjoying the ecstacy of schadenfreude he was experiencing...I trudged down that same path leading to the bank..to sign the form..eventually i got my account number the next day..0007BA****051.Dont HACK it!!! But there was something more to agravate it further..It was my first day with my brand-new Debit card in my wallet and also the first day of boasting about it..rather abt the balance it had..But...a bloody punk mugged me..my wallet was gone..it was like,i got dowm from the bus..within the count of 3 in the process of ferreting my pocets..I shrieked.."deepu mera wallet"..ooohhh..and u will not believe where was i heading when this appalling incident happened..in a Movie hall..for "Being Cyrus"..I searched my wallet in the pockets of evry character of the movie including Dimple Kapadia..though she didnt have a pocket..
All in all,my advice "Dont open a bank account in Bangalore"..or u could say i was unfledged to do that job..I was not able to comprehend the profoundness of opening a "Bank Account"..

© 2008 Anshul Khandelwal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
Added on February 13, 2008

Author

Anshul Khandelwal
Anshul Khandelwal

Noida, India



About
I live in seconds. So, I live my day in 86400 different states of mind and mood. Every mood, every thought of mine, every state of my mind is solely governed by those little droplets of experiences, b.. more..

Writing