ASK THE HELP DESK

ASK THE HELP DESK

A Poem by rutherford
"

Park of my current theme on digital life

"

My processor needs a core capacity

set to imaginations of Beethoven and Botticelli.


Reformat the Operating System

to run on the collective soul of humanity.  

I’ll need a search engine

that provides results from all parallel universes.


Expanded memory capacity for

all space and time.  


Connect the router

to the mind of God.  


A webcam that records

all dreams 

With external back-up for everything.  

© 2013 rutherford


Author's Note

rutherford
Wouldn't mind some suggestions on how the closing my be improved.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Rutherford, "park my...?" ~ Improvements are subjective, qualitative, irrational, mystical, probabilistic and abstract. I suggest an explanation that suggests, ever so daintily that, for every internal front-down there is an external back-up; craft it like an optionally enforced law of sentient maleficence.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think the ending fits well. Back up for everything - we worry about losing a piece of information that we will never need again, yet there are some things that are better forgotten... Backup for everything is almost ominous...

Posted 10 Years Ago


rutherford

10 Years Ago

Rita,
Thanks for the input.
"If I only had a brain..." I liked this piece a lot. You bring the work world so seamlessly into the world of poetry.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
no...don't change it..that is a perfect ending...because of the digital age we are so worried about back up...but technology has replaced too many real things in our lives...we have become machines that need "back up"---that is a perfect ending.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rutherford

10 Years Ago

Thanks you Jacob.
WELL PUT IN THE LINES...I THINK YOU WILL NEED A MAGNETIC FIELD SHIELD IN THERE...JUST IN CASE THE SUN DECIDES TO TURN YOU A CURVE BALL WITH A SOLAR FLARE...THEN YOU'RE WIPED OUT...SYNTAX ERROR...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013
Tags: poem, digital life, computers

Author

rutherford
rutherford

About
Misguided visionary playing with words. Strongly encourage comments that will improve my pieces. If you friend me, I ask that you have first looked at my writing and willing to offer some helpful re.. more..

Writing