Fame and Love

Fame and Love

A Story by Corentin Argyris
"

Inspired by Home(Daughtry), Walk The Line(JohnnyCash) and Here Without You(3DoorsDown) and other songs love. As well as my love for my girl.

"
        I sat in my car, parked at some McDonalds, away from others. It was 4am in the morning and no one was really around. I had to be on the road alot, away from the one I love so dearly. I decided to do the only thing I could really do at such a time. I took out a pen and a pad of paper, slapped it towards the steering wheel and started to write,

'Dear Love,

        I haven't stopped thinking of you and never shall you have to worry where my heart is. The long nights without you in my bed, which is my car, are cold and lonely but never shall my mind. Slip from the thought of how great the nights with you are. The nights with you become such a blessing when I'm away. My heart is with you and my heart beats only when it is near you. The wait to be with you just becomes sweeter when I taste your lips, upon returning home to you, and without you it wouldn't be home. It'd be just as much home as this car. Life may become hectic, rocks our way but our love will find a way.'


        I stopped for a second only when I accidentally spilled my coffee on my lap. I laughed as I remembered someone who sued for something so simple as being a clutz and spilling hot coffee on themselves. Mine had been cold by the time I spilled it. I just shook my head and turned the radio. It rung out loud as the DJ shouted it.
        "Next! American Idol contestant that rose to fame. Chris Daughtry in Daughtry. The song? Home!"
        I smiled as I listened to it play and started to hum along to the words.
"The miles are getting longer, it seems,
The closer I get to you.
I've not always been the best man or friend for you.
But your love, remains true.
And I don't know why.
You always seem to give me another try."

        I continued to write the letter out, picking off with another section.

'        Your love to me is the truest I've ever known and you are the best thing for me, even if I'm not the best. Probably not even great but together you make me great and best. I'm sorry that my job takes us away from each other. If I can just get something more, get my book published. I'm working more on it, I've got half of it done. If only I could get my song sold, only one showing on television and thats in a few weeks. My hit single you'll get to hear in that time, I'll be on our favorite music channel and get to talk about my book as well. Don't think I won't mention the only girl that believed in me to be the best, the girl that brought me the most in life and became my muse.

                                        Love,
                                             The Man Whose Heart You Hold'


        I took the letter, stuck it in the envelope and pulled out a cd that was in my glove department. I popped it in the cd player and turned it up, the cd case had all the songs on it.
        "Introduction
         Here Without You BY Three Doors Down
         I Walk The Line BY Johnny Cash
         I Walk The Line BY Chris Daughtry
         Wish You Were Here BY Pink Floyd
         Home BY Daughtry
         I Caught Fire BY The Used
         Down On The Corner BY Creedence Clearwater Revival
         Desperado BY The Eagles
         What Do I Do With My Heart BY The Eagles
         Busy Being Fabulous BY The Eagles
         Brown Eyed Girl BY Van Morrison
         Rhythm Of The Rain BY The Cascades
         You're The One BY Tracy Chapman"

        I smiled as it started to play, the introduction, her beautiful voice playing through the speakers, confessing her love and how she made the cd specially for me cause she knows I'm on the road alot and love music. All songs to think of the heart or her. I took the first turn out of the parking lot after I got my pants changed and the coffee cup in the trash. I would hit the first mailbox I found on my way to New York city to get to the live studio playing of my only and first show.



        Two weeks later.
        A beautiful brown eyed girl stood as she smiled seeing my 'chicken scratch' signature on the envelope. She started to open it when the television screamed that I was going to be on. She started to watch the television while she opened it and read inbetween watching, rotating it.

        I was next to the greatest host in any music countdown show, his name sent the teenagers in a fuss, being twenty-seven I really didn't know them too well but this one I did. This could get me some fame and I wanted everyone to know who I really was. I had thirty minutes to be on the screen. He started asking certain questions.
        "How is your little lady at home taking the long weeks without you?"
        "What are you gonna sing for us today? Covers or originals?"
        "What is your biggest muse?"
        "What do you usually find you enjoy writing about?"

        I anwsered simply that it is painful for us both to the first question, she sticks by me and I love her beyond anything. If I thought she wasn't happy for me to do this or didn't want me to for a second, I'd come back and quit it. She is the most important thing to me.
        The second question? I replied simply with that I'd do a mix, and once I finish a couple more questions I'd like to get started so I can finish everything I'd like to explain or sing if he didn't mind which he nodded after asking the third question.
        My girlfriend of course. She is the one I love the most and she encouraged me to continue to write, she gives me confidence I never had without her. She is the only reason I got back into writing at first and thanks to her I became very fascinated with it.
        I ended it with that I find the most interesting writing the writing that can take real life things such as love, drama, criminal acts (not that I condone them, I don't, I think they are horrible) and many other real things but draw you into a world you can never see in a real world. Who doesn't wish when they were younger to be some other kind of being whether it be a superhero, vampire or even a bird or some kind of animal.

        I took my guitar and started to play on it. I told a bit of an introduction and said the one that sung this first cover was a very great legend and if one day I was even remotely like him I'd be very happy. Even if people remembered me even in a good or bad for as much as everyone would remember the man in black.
        "I find it very, very easy to be true
         I find myself alone when each day is through
         Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you
         Because you're mine, I walk the line."

        There was roars from the audience, obviously Johnny Cash fans and apparently I wasn't so bad of singing it either. The host was laughing as he knew why I picked such a song too. The song was originally written for Vivian Dorraine Liberto, Cash's first wife, when he was on the road alot, saying no matter what he'd be true to her. The song went on as everyone knows it, the whole audience was singing with. I agreed that the reason I sung the song was the fact I was on the road lately so much, that I wanted to dedicate a few songs to her.
        The second song I picked was another hit. It was one of my personal favorites for many reasons and she should know it. I blew a kiss to the camera after saying it was to her and started to sing the song, guitaring it along. As soon as the strings were hit at least four of the people in the audience started to roar yet again.
        "Don't you draw the queen of diamonds boy
         She'll beat you if she's able
         You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet."

        I was hoping my queen of hearts was watching at home while I continued to sing and when I got to the second to last part verse the audience was just screaming for me.
        "Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
         The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine
         It's hard to tell the night time from the day
         You're losin' all your highs and lows
         Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?"

        I knew when my life felt lonely and all, all I had to do is call my girl or come home to her. I went on singing a few originals about nothing related to love until I was asked from the audience about my book.

        I smiled and graciously anwsered the questions. That my book was of a land I created, officially called Ouallion Daris, I got the first name simply by saying You All, taking out the Y and combining them to Ouall. After that it was downhill, I had created Ouallion and then Daris came not long after it. The first in hopefully a series of books is to start with Dragomir Kasun, a draconian scholar that is out for adventure and is brought into alot of tough times and meets knew allies and enemies on the way. It shall have alot of favored critters of many. I even read the Prologue off to the whole audience and all the viewers. It was then I put my hand up and asked to sing one last song before the show would end.
        I started to sing the song that I wrote on my way to the studio. It was dedicated and meant for my beautiful girlfriend who I adored. After about two minutes of song the finally words started loud and I slowly started to 'fade' my voice.
        "Will you be my wife?"
        The whole song was a world wide proposal to my girlfriend who I was hoping was watching. The whole audience screamed and yelled their 'awwws' at the proposal song. It wasn't that great of a song but it just spoke of how I know she is the one for me and it interlocked some lines from the vows of 'death do you part.' It wasn't long after I quit and the host was clapping as well that the viewer phone rang. It was her with the big 'yes' and I smiled.
        "I'm coming home tonight, love."
        Those were my last words before the show was cut and the phone call was cut as well. I was flying back thanks to the host as a wedding gift and would have her in my arms the next night.

        Why am I telling you my story? Because. Think of what it meant. It is hardship to be apart but it can make the times together even more sweeter at times. Never mistreat your girl and always love her as she deserves to be treated. Girls are equals or above us men, the good ones are. If you say all girls are bad then you should step back and take a look at us, not all men are. We're born to follow that second head, that we are better than the girls and that they should be in the house. Thats complete bullshit. Love is the most special thing in the world and not one person can say otherwise, if they do they never had it. I've known true love and I still have it, my word of advise: Don't f**k it up.

                                        Yours truly,
                                                     The Future Rockstar and Author.

© 2008 Corentin Argyris


Author's Note

Corentin Argyris
[AUTHOR NOTES]
Originally it was suppose to be just a letter as I was going for a poem and I couldn't think of what it was I wanted to say based on the song I heard which was Home by Daughtry which was written for his family just saying he didn't regret the life he chose but wants to be with his family and all where he is loved. (According to wikipedia) I heard it was for his wife/girlfriend cause she thought she was holding him back. Either way, it is just about missing the ones you love (or the true loved one) and I was in a love mood so I wrote it. It is just taking place shortly about a man that is always on the road lately due to getting promotion for his book and his hopeful record deal. It takes his feelings while he is in some McDonalds, just getting the fast food so he could get back to what he wanted to do. The loneliness of missing his girlfriend hit him, so he starts to write her a letter (too late to call her and I never stated if he even had a cellphone) and once he finishes it, listening to songs that remind him of his love he drops it off and two weeks later is when she gets it while she is watching him on television. He sings cover songs for her such as I Walk The Line (which was stated reasons in the story) and going through his feelings until he gets to the final song for his girl. A world wide proposal because he knows the girl means everything to him. As well as the final note is that it seems to be some kind of note (maybe in his book as a dedication to his girlfriend [now wife/fiancee]) that is read to you and then his experience just saying that no blow it if you find the one for you. Love is the best thing in life.
(Which alot of stuff is taken from my opinion or just whatever but it is alot of just fiction and just stuff that came to mind as I started to write something. It is my first short story thingy, not sure what to call it. Esspecially since it was suppose to be a poem at first and turned into a short story like thing.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah..."Walk the Line" is one of my favorite Johnny Cash songs...one of my fave songs period so I was drawn in. :) Your reason for writing this also tugged my heart. You placed so much of yourself into this piece and it shows throughout. Songs have a way of bringing so much of your emotions out, it didn't surprise me that you wrote all of this. This is a stand out ode to love!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aw this was sooo good!!:) I really really loved it:) It is very sweet and romantic:) Thanx for writing it:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah..."Walk the Line" is one of my favorite Johnny Cash songs...one of my fave songs period so I was drawn in. :) Your reason for writing this also tugged my heart. You placed so much of yourself into this piece and it shows throughout. Songs have a way of bringing so much of your emotions out, it didn't surprise me that you wrote all of this. This is a stand out ode to love!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The youthful tone of the story is quite interesting. People do not write much letters these days and it is quite fascinating that you used epistolary style with some other styles in this story.
The presentation of your character and its development is quite well written; It is less so with that of your beloved girl. We still know very little about her at the end of the story. Maybe developing her character more would add an even greater emotional tie to the story.

It is quite interesting, too, how you took this music countdown show as the main scene of the story. It certainly is attractive to young audience and I do not know if it is specifically chosen for that reason. However, it challenges a little bit with the content of the letters which is indeed awfully romantic. Otherwise, this story can be read very pleasantly. The passage from "I smiled and graciously anwsered the questions�� before the show would end." , I think, does not have the same "flow" as the rest of the story and could be improved.

As for the morale of the story, it is indeed very important. Eternal subject that needs to be reminded to all of us at every step of the way. Fortunately! Thank you for the advice and keep on writing!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was excellent. I smiled the entire time. =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2008
Last Updated on March 10, 2008

Author

Corentin Argyris
Corentin Argyris

FL



About
I'm sixteen, male and I signed up, awhile back, to have a place to put stories which I write. I'm not good a reviewing things or giving constructive advice. I mostly write fictional things, ranging .. more..

Writing