ribbons

ribbons

A Story by sadsores

A tall skinny boy thinks im cute. he thinks i hate him but thats just the way i look at people, like i hate them. and mostly i do, or think that i do. anyway, he’s cute and tall and i want to hug him for a long time but only because he seems like the only person I’d let touch me. He asked for a hug. I backed away. Maybe later, I said. I have issues of self-tolerance. 
Today he wrote on my skin. I looked at him, looking at my skin as he wrote on it, scared. Frightened. My skin, my repulsive skin, and his eyes were on it. I pulled away. 
"Hey. I wasn't finished." 
I walked away. I couldn't feel my legs. I felt a chill where the black marker touched me; the art of his hands. I felt the weight of his distance behind my back, the weight of his eyes and expectations.
I didn't read my arm until I got home.

slightly smudged and unfinished, it read:
"the pain of being on earth just long enough to comprehend the full terror of unknown oblivion is somwhow tolerable now that I kno-"

I stared at my skin for an unbearably long time.
I took a shower.
 His art came off of my skin under the warm running water in black streams, staining my skin.

© 2014 sadsores


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on July 24, 2014
Tags: poetry, prose, story

Author

sadsores
sadsores

Columbus, OH



About
My name is Nia and im an obscure wannabe tree-hugger who doesn’t really know much about the world around her yet and certainly not the universe, but is trying. You can only learn so fast when yo.. more..

Writing