Speechless

Speechless

A Poem by Samantha Canela
"

a thing I wrote

"
Your hands are a fireplace and my body needs warming. You tip-toe around my skin until I melt in your arms. Like ice cream on a warm day, slow and then all at once, dripping down the cone -- your tongue can’t catch me quick enough. There is a small kitten underneath your lion exterior. But I -- I am a lion inside of a kitten's frail body, and you’ve woken me up. I feel my inner demons yearning to take themselves out on you. It’s as though with each kiss you are attempting the lift the fire from my soul, you pull your lips away from mine I feel the smoke linger between us. The ghost of my words hided in that smoke and as I reach to hold on, it vanishes. Gone are my thoughts, and as you stand there I am speechless.

© 2016 Samantha Canela


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Passionate feelings, there is an innocence combined with it that flows very well with the poem... You gave the reader a chance to feel the love and passion... Very well done frnd...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful. Gentle and beautiful journey into love grasp. I like the journey and the positive ending. Thank you Samantha for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2016
Last Updated on May 16, 2016
Tags: new love, excitement, poetry, passion, pain

Author

Samantha Canela
Samantha Canela

Seattle, WA



About
Young prospective actor, director, playwright in Seattle training at Cornish College of the Arts. I have been looking for an outlet for my writing so it makes me so happy to have found this website. M.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Six tulips Six tulips

A Poem by Ana B.