All the good things I never got to say

All the good things I never got to say

A Poem by Samantha Canela
"

a collection of older pieces to the person I never got to share them with. I hope I touch someones soul with these, I mostly just need them out in the world. Thanks

"

Forbidden Kiss(es)

You kiss me as though you are sucking poison from my lips, as though you are trying with all of your might to keep me alive. It is working, you are giving me life like nothing before ever has. You suck the poison from me but replace it with the heroine of your lust. It fills my veins and I am a prisoner, an addict, intoxicated and seduced. Then you wrap your arms around me and hold my body like a porcelain doll, strongly and secure, but beautiful and precious. With you I am beautiful. With you I am all that a woman can be -- strong and delicate. You entice within me feelings of intense passion that I have not experienced before, not like this. The essence of your love is rooted in something deeper and different, mystical and truthful. Oh how it intoxicates me to catch a glance of your gaze -- the way you look at me and see my soul. With you I am a flower growing beyond its beauty; I am a bird spreading its wings and jumping out the nest. I feel fear and joy and strength and vulnerability with you. We are transformative creatures together. We are a dance between the elements, ever-changing and flowing through different phases. At one moment we are fierce and effervescent animals of fire, and in the next we are spirits of water and air, moving through space on the tail end of a breeze.

And if only for a few hours, a few minutes, a moment, we were perfect. And we will live in that moment should life forbid us to ever have anymore.


Intoxicated

Oh how I yearn to be at your side. I think about you every spare moment I have. I sing your name like a broken record in my mind, over and over. This is foolishness, this is insanity, and it has taken over. I could spit hatred at myself or I could accept this love for what it is. I can apologize for the amour I carry in my heart or I can accept it. I'm sorry but here I am. I am a beam of light, the wave of ocean arms, the branches of trees, all reaching out toward something. Something for which it can not and will never have truly. And that is what keeps them alive. Keeps their arms shooting out, forever in cycle. It is love. It is the yearning. The never satisfied hunger. I starve for you -- crave your body and mind as though they are fresh spring water and I am deathly dehydrated. Let me drink you in. Quench my thirst. Will the hunger or thirst ever be satisfied or am I lost to that of the world.




Archives

I can't get it out of my head. The image of us the way we were that night held in pristine memory. It was beautiful. It was perfect. And I would give anything to live it again on repeat. But I don't want it. I wish the memory didn't exist. I wish I could go back and erase all of those memories because they cost me the comfort of my friend. I miss the ease we had more than any of those nights. We used to move like two dancers across the floor and now our words are halted with a shortness of breath and the spaces between our thoughts are too long. We both watch from the other side of the room but do not dare get up because it will never be the same because we both know. We both know that we want the sky and the sun and the moon. But can only have the earth. And I do I want the earth and its flowers and it’s everything but. But still when it's dark and I look up at the sky and see the stars and think, “Is that where I belong?”


But I will never know. I just can't know right now. But the memory will always haunt me.




My Beau

If you look closely into my soul you will see the fairy dust of your love floating around and seeping into my veins. I woke up with the sting of your kiss on my lips and my weak knees could not hold the weight of my body. It was full to the brim with the essence of you. In the quiet of the night you filled every curve and crevice of me with you. With you I feel everything. I explore every note. My skin melts away and my spirit floats. And I am gone, until you kiss my fingers and toes and I return. And I lie there and breathe you in.




the end. 

© 2016 Samantha Canela


Author's Note

Samantha Canela
I don't really care if you "like" these ones or not. You can leave comments and feedback but these ones are very personal and like the description says, I just needed them out of their hidden home that is google docs

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on June 30, 2016
Last Updated on June 30, 2016
Tags: i, need, this, out, in, the, world, love, pain, happiness, old, young love, happy

Author

Samantha Canela
Samantha Canela

Seattle, WA



About
Young prospective actor, director, playwright in Seattle training at Cornish College of the Arts. I have been looking for an outlet for my writing so it makes me so happy to have found this website. M.. more..

Writing