The Kingpin and The Mogul

The Kingpin and The Mogul

A Story by Sami Khalil
"

The Kingpin and The Mogul...

"

Image result for Kingpin paintings


The Kingpin and The Mogul…By Sami Khalil


The Kingpin and The Mogul


Waves came in parsing succession, reclaiming foam, sand and naked rock, across the weather-beaten shores of Mobile, Al. Nightfall measured the distant stars for their constant presence and sparkle. Words were tired, retired from parroting as silence took over the many confessions of prisoners. Words like (goodbye, farewell) sprang alive, were desired no more, stroking the flowing hair of uncertainty. The cellar room vanished, as he looked out the tiny window, putting down the frozen pages on the desk. Sun’s swords wounded in searing torment the land of people, who were summoned for daily pursuits and grain sifting. The borders of the sacred crossed his mind, willfully thrusting his faith into the balance of justice and fury of angry voices. Tender were the days in his mom’s womb, safe were in his dad’s arms before both perishing. Lying now in this Mobile, Al. prison, decaying like a corpse from a lifelong sentence, his uncle’s memory weighed on Stan Morgan’s mind, setting fire in the distance the days growing up next to him by Lake Lurlene (spelled Lurleen), in the county of Tuscaloosa. His uncle, a known drug kingpin, who had small planes land and take off, in their rural, model airplane runway, via Miami, Fl. to the annoyance of brown ants, hiding under the surface. A betrayal story by other relatives, who were jealous off course, and ones who squealed on him to authorities, before ending in capturing, going to maximum security prison in Huntsville, Al. he gave his nephew, whom he only trusted, $ 25 million for laundering in real estate, hiding any trail that can unravel. His uncle died eventually from a massive heart attack in jail, leaving a big gap in his heart to fill. Pacing the cellar room, he remembered the inside tips he would receive from corrupt local politicians, to buy only corner lots where immediate, secret developments were at hand. He doubled his uncle’s money, being a shrewd businessman himself, albeit ruthless. He had larger than life personality that he could have rented easily and made money off it. But all risings have their fallings, tickling the chin of fate, with mouth and teeth wide open. Marriage was not a negation to him, but on the contrary, a sough after mail order brides, which he found the one in Sweden; a bombshell beauty. He was independent financially, but dependent emotionally, waist deep in her love. She set his world ablaze, while bowing down to the gods of trust. What stopped the magic, after buying her a mansion at Wellington, by the lake, was her primeval desire to cheat on him. Leaving on business trips, going for long periods to Miami, sin appeared a red apple in her eyes. Her accomplice was the florist as her husband would send her bouquets of garden delights, with aromas piercing the nostrils. Come to find out, his maid told the police eventually that he ordered her to kill his wife (giving her big sums of money), placing small amount of poison in her drinks. He became hardened with a hollow heart, scorning betrayal in any form. He wiggled off love responsibilities by embracing death sensibilities, remaining unmoved like the rocks on the beach. The strong current woke him up from his trance, drifting from metaphor to simile even question marks. A strong feeling of being washed over was felt, as the fog of morning rose up and lingered. Waters grew murkier beneath the wavy grasps, while time ripened his lonely fingers. He picked up the book, sighed and sat down on the rocking chair. The politicians took care of him, even in prison.  


Related image


   

 

© 2018 Sami Khalil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Amazing read from start to finish, Sami. I truly enjoyed it!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you so much dear poet for this wonderful review and appreciation. You are appreciated. G.. read more
Beautiful poem, Sami. I wish I could write with such finesse, and the imagery is absolutely marvelous.

Excellent job :)

-Derekv

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you DerekV for this awesome review and encouragement. I'm inspired more with the suppot o.. read more
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Send some read requests please when you post. God bless.
hi Sami,

this is quite an intriguing story poem...i adore how you penned this.

your gift for storytelling is amazing. your pen never
fails to slice into the psychological complexity of
characters you create, leaving them bare.
the suspenseful atmosphere, capitivates readers.

it’s frightening how the emotional scars carved upon us (in youth) can imprision us in chains...

leading us down into such desperate deprivation: as abusing others, murder.
“i love you, & no else could ever have you” sorta thing.

you’ve also weave a subtle sense of sensitivity (even empathy) for the protagonist...

this is a true testament to your talent as a writer.
thank you for sharing your amazing literary gifts
~ b :)))))

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

"it’s frightening how the emotional scars carved upon us (in youth) can imprision us in chains...<.. read more
ms. barrie

5 Years Ago

dear Poet friend,

you’re so very welcomed, you so very much deserve all praises! a.. read more
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

:::::::::))))))))))))))
Sami,
Thanks for sharing this. I have to presume this is a prose poem. It is appropriate the writing uses the word “parsing” in the first sentence. I can only assign a workable grammar to this piece under the mantle of poetry. Poetry is the great forgiver of writerly sin; spelling, syntax, logic and order can be suspended for poetry while in prose only disbelief must be suspended. Given that, I can swallow camels and not strain at gnats.

The language is very musical and well constructed –for poetry. The piece is unlike other pieces you have entered into WC labeled “story”. I found the whole of it interesting when I accepted it and gave up petty fault finding.


Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow! In order to be different and unique in my story telling, I use some poetry which comes naturall.. read more
powerful story sami,sounds like a true one,and may very well be
kept me interested from start to finish

Posted 5 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

Wow ! Thank you for sharing this wonderful review and appreciation. You are appreciated. Good to s.. read more
 wordman

5 Years Ago

my pleasure sami
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

::::::::)))))))
I really like the story. I don't understand some parts of your story because English is not my native language hence, my english not so good.

Still, I enjoyed reading the story. I think it's story is wrapped around jail and prisoner. Prisoner have a good wealth but, he still incomplete because he couldn't found a true love. His life started and ended in Jail. During his journey he experienced so many things. And I think it's the core of story.
I'm not sure that whatever that I understand is right or not. Correct me if I misunderstand. I learn a lot from this story and would like to read more stories of you.

My fev. lines are:
He was independent financially, but dependent emotionally, waist deep in her love.

Thanks and Keep Writing... : )

Posted 5 Years Ago


Akki

5 Years Ago

Thanks! You're good writer.
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

:)....................
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
"He became hardened with a hollow heart, scorning betrayal in any form. He wiggled off love responsibilities by embracing death sensibilities, remaining unmoved like the rocks on the beach."

Sami Khalil

Posted 5 Years Ago


"He was independent financially, but dependent emotionally, waist deep in her love. She set his world ablaze, while bowing down to the gods of trust."

Sami Khalil

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

767 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 14, 2018
Last Updated on June 15, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spring Spring

A Poem by Sami Khalil