Mysteries

Mysteries

A Poem by Maxinne Marie
"

In mystery I find my freedom.

"

And I found myself seeking solace

In the wings of the dragonfly.

 

For so long I have been a believer

Of the dream that was you –

A mystery, intriguing as it was,

For in mystery I found my freedom.

Apparently, I did not understand

That not all dreams told the truth.

Veracity was unreachable.

Illusions became reality.

Flight could have been my escape

Yet I chose to hover a little longer

For I believed there was hope.

I was not caged, nor broken.

I only chose to stay

For I believed in hope.

 

And so, the infinite cosmos

Rained down on my wretched earth.

Infinity rained down its light,

And that power, refracted

By crystalline wings

Unleashed the unreachable,

Illuminated the unfathomed.

 

Beyond oblivion, I will become

A ray of starlight, flown away

Far from your reach.

What was unspoken

Will be left unspoken

 

For in mystery I find my freedom,

And in dragonfly’s wings

I find my peace.

© 2008 Maxinne Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the dragonfly. I think you should keep that as an interlacing motif in the poem (ex. "chose to hover a little longer,"refracted/ By crystalline wings:). The dragonfly, they way it flies, its colors, does sort of embody the mystery: shiny, captivating, yet to elusive to grasp. I think that you should circle all your abstracts (Veracity, Illusion, infinity, etc.) When you use an abstract as a main noun in your thought, it weakens the poem. See if you can replace the abstracts with concrete images. Concrete images really give a poem texture and a realness that abstracts simply can't achieve. Hope this helped.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The emotive force laid behind this poem of yours is quite profound and of a higher elevation. The imagery is dynamically rich and endeavoured with magnificent colours which speak of hurtful thoughts and realisations of lost beliefs. So very classical it is a winner, indeed.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As usual, you pack a lot into a little... words, images, etc. It's incredible to follow your path through poem after poem... never to be bored with the same image in my mind, even if every work shares a common thread.

I enjoyed the use of the dragonfly and the manner of descriptives used. This is one of those pieces of work that require more than one reading to best absorb and appreciate what you're expressing and perhaps, yourself feeling.

Keep up the great work. As always, I eagerly await your next great creation!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice poem, wel written.
In the first paragraph, this line: "Illusions became reality" does not seem to fit with what the rest of the poem is saying.
Second paragraph, secnond line, you refer to the earth as youre ("my"), though it is not your earth.
Also second paragraph, what is the unreachable?
good write

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not so easy to tell of such subtle things. Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mmm, you could break up that long stanza a little bit, but otherwise I like the concept a great deal. Good job :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, it sounds like an interaction with another person gone wrong and the recovery from it afterward. The wordplay is very interesting and the metaphors give the poem an air of wonder and keeping the flow smooth. I like how it started with "And", making it feel like the narrator and the reader were already in conversation. Very cool.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

i love the way you compare a dream to a lover. great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Like your description I find this piece mysterious. Very sad indeed. I like the references you use with the dragonfly's wings, very different, it adds a darkness to the piece. This is a great piece, thank you so much for sharing.
Kates

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like this poem a lot it has the feeling of a melancholy dream. The title fits what you wrote. I'm not sure if I would change anything.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on February 8, 2008

Author

Maxinne Marie
Maxinne Marie

Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines



About
The Flightless Angel Maxinne Marie Belo Sentina. Portrait photographer, beauty/fashion blogger, aspiring musical theatre singer, poet, mermaid, RN. Graduated from West Visayas State University. Loves.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sanctuary Sanctuary

A Poem by Bubo





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5